I HERE A KNOCKING AROUND 2500 TO 3000 PLS HELP

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DROVE MY CAR TODAY 94 RT10 AND NOTICED THAT THE ENGINE KNOCKS AROUND 2500 TO 3000 RPM IS THIS THE VALVES OUT OF ADJUSTMENT OR IS SOMETHING MAJOR WRONG ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I HAVE GOOD OIL PRESSURE AND THE OIL LEVEL IS FINE AND CLEAN

Jumperman18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tucson, AZ (school) Rancho Palos Verdes, CA (Home)
The knock could be a pinging or preignition of the gas in the cylinders. Could be attibuted to a bad batch of gas or ignition related. Dont worry its most likely not a valve train related problem or you would hear loud clicking at idle also. Try a new set of plugs, see what happens.

OP
OP
V

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I TOOK OFF THE #7 PLUG WIRE AND THE NOISE WENT AWAY ALSO PULLED PLUG OUT AND IT BROKE INTO TWO PIECES DONT KNOW IF THAT IS FROM ME OR THE PLG WAS DAMAGED

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is broken, there is a reason. Plugs don't just get old and break. Pull the other plugs and check their condition. It could be detonation causing your problems. Do a compression check as well to rule out any damage.

OP
OP
V

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the engine had a arrow rebuild 4000 miles ago it is at the dealer lets se what they do. the engine is damaged internally. the noise is louder than before and the car has lost power

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper