Anyon interested in a 1970 Hemi Cuda? All original!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This one maybe going up for sale also.
All numbers match. 30K original miles
build sheet...etc...for the right
price...it's yours!

440hemi_cuda.JPG

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
not sure what the price will be. Maybe $350-400K..not sure..Nicolas Cage is the previous owner of this black one. I took the picture above and the
picture does no justice to it.

Get this, my friend has two of them. 1 black and the other
is yellow.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One lousy picture? Adam, you're killing me man. Go back and take more! ;)

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One lousy picture? Adam, you're killing me man. Go back and take more! ;)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Adam let me correct you.It's called Yellow lemon twist :2tu: Original Hemi Cuda came with that color option. I painted my 70 Cuda with that color also

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a long time restorer of Mopar musclecars, I am stupified at the prices these cars are now commanding.

Vintage Ferraris, like a Daytona for example have plummeted in value. Same goes for the "real" classic cars like Duesies. Cars of the 1950s and earlier just do not have the value they once had...in many cases their value has gone to well under 50% of what it once was.

The same thing is going to happen to musclecars. By and large, the next generation could care less about Detriot iron..they want these compact cars and imports. As the current buyers of these cars get older and their interest wanes...the value will come back.

The insane values on these cars and parts only pushes the regular guy out....as he simply cannot afford it. As we all know, it's not the few wealthy folks that are setting these crazy auction prices who make up the majority of the hobby's citizenry...it's regular Joes that will move.

I'm done with older iron until this all settles down. I have my one oldie keeper...and that's enough for now.

Oh yeah...and Chrysler had great color names too...as mentioned above, Lemon Twist, LimeLight (had a Superbird that color), Tor-Red, In-Violet. Great urban myth about In-Violet (or Plum crazy for Dodge)....word is that someone at Chrysler wanted it to be Statutory Grape!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I tell you what, I had no appreciation for muscle cars
like the ones above, but the more I am around them and
understand the history...it's actually pretty cool. I
would love to have the Hemi Cuda...but my pockets are shallow.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab can you imagine back in 1970 a stock car to do almost high 12's? In todays technology that would be like saying a Viper does 8's out of the box. For what it's worth, 1970 is a long time ago, 35 YEARS TO BE EXACT. We only came down around 3/4 of a second in Viper . Not bad for a car that only cost around $3,800.00

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a long time restorer of Mopar musclecars, I am stupified at the prices these cars are now commanding.

Vintage Ferraris, like a Daytona for example have plummeted in value. Same goes for the "real" classic cars like Duesies. Cars of the 1950s and earlier just do not have the value they once had...in many cases their value has gone to well under 50% of what it once was.

The same thing is going to happen to musclecars. By and large, the next generation could care less about Detriot iron..they want these compact cars and imports. As the current buyers of these cars get older and their interest wanes...the value will come back.

The insane values on these cars and parts only pushes the regular guy out....as he simply cannot afford it. As we all know, it's not the few wealthy folks that are setting these crazy auction prices who make up the majority of the hobby's citizenry...it's regular Joes that will move.

I'm done with older iron until this all settles down. I have my one oldie keeper...and that's enough for now.

Oh yeah...and Chrysler had great color names too...as mentioned above, Lemon Twist, LimeLight (had a Superbird that color), Tor-Red, In-Violet. Great urban myth about In-Violet (or Plum crazy for Dodge)....word is that someone at Chrysler wanted it to be Statutory Grape!

Spot on post Matt. :2tu: :usa:

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, nice post but how could you forget Panther Pink!

Ab, send me a PM when/if he decides to sell and what he wants. May be able to help out.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panther Pink....or otherwise known as Moulin Rouge.

Can't forget GoMango either...or Vitamin C Orange. Geez, only Chrysler. Could have been like Mercury where everything was "Grabber blue", Grabber Orange", etc. Or AMC whoe called everything "Big Bad"....

Scottgf...I believe Sublime was the "other brand's" version of Limelight.

One more thing...that Blue-Fire looks just like the 440-6 one I had and sold to a guy in New Zealand.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't forget about the OMAHA orange - predicessor to Vitamin C. Similar shade but WITHOUT metallics.
7822runner_on_water-med.jpg

Hemi roadrunner = Hemibeep(board name)

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe I remember the Cuda being available in Sub Lime. Back when I had the chance to buy (but didn't) one of them Harley's (I mean Cuda's) new, that was an available color.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about the stock performance of these old Hemi's. I did a roll against a fantastic sounding 426 Hemi one day out at Camp Pendelton. Stock Viper SRT absolutely walked away.
What times would a Hemi Cuda turn stock? Believe somewhere in 13's. Think early tires (not slicks) would make serious times very difficult.

Not to hijack your thread. Would love to have a Hemi Cuda in my garage. Great memories of Woodward Ave cruising in cousin's 442.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One day I bet a Gen2 Blue w/ white stipes will bring in some major $$$. I don't think I know anyone that can actaully call that car ugly! Not to mention everyone has wanted one at one point or another!

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it wasn't just all the paint colors that were so cool. You could order pretty much any color stripe (that was available) with any body color with a whole slew of interior colors. There are some really wild combinations out there. I think there was a fendertag code (or buildsheet) code that warned the dealership or the buyer that it was a weird combination, but if you paid for it, they would build it.
You can see a whole mess of 70 'cudas and challengers in the photos section at this link below.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Cuda has the 440 hockey puck stripe .With the Lemon twist color, looks bad.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hemibeep....Vitamin C was not metallic. Tor-Red is the metallic orangy color.

I was very involved with the winged cars. They came in Alpine white, Lemon Twist, LimeLight, Vitamin C, Tor-Red, Corporate Blue (Petty blue) and Blue-Fire Metallic. Well, 2 more where made by mistake in that root beer color..although I cannot remember the color name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32