BEST Drag Slick and Skinnies for Drag Racing a Viper?

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your opinion, what is the Optimal Drag slick/Skinnies wheel/tire combo for drag racing a viper. Does anyone know what the CHAD runs on his Viper?

I already know to buy the 1000HP half shafts, just too many options for wheel/tire combos. Car is Heffner Supercharged.

Thanks for any help you all can provide. :usa:

vettekiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ccw drag wheels and tires are good and what most people are using. they are 26x11.50x16 rears and i think Chads are 28x12x16.

OP
OP
M

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All,

Thanks for the quick responses.

What tire choices for slicks does everybody like? Hoosiers? Goodyear? Where is the best place to buy them? Any deals? I check Racingjunk.com regularly.

Other than CCW are there any other 6 bolt wheels available that are as light
or lighter? I already have the CCW 19" 510's w/Michelin Pilot Sports I run for everyday driving.

I did a search on the site for what everybody prefers for Drag Radials for 18" stock wheels and it seems to be a toss up between BF Goodrich and Kumhos depending on their use. Figure I may start there until I've got the full slicks set up so I don't break anything (with a new set of half shafts of course).

Twin Vipers, I'm putting down in the 700's for RWtq since I asked Jason to tune the car for longevity and to run on 93 pump gas. I think he went with a 8lb pulley so as you know there is more in the car. Jason's a great tuner and well worth the coin.

At the MOPARS at the Rock Viper Shootout the car ran an 11.82 at 98 mph (to avoid breaking out) on the Michelins so I figure with the proper set up mid to high 10's are possible.

:usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have set of BFG's mounted on new CCW's that I might sell. Dr. Roof ran mid nines with those if I remember correctly.