Yet another exhaust question

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes I know this has been discussed, but I've searched have haven found the answer so I'm going ask again.

I've recently decided to replace the cats on my GTS with HI-Flows and have been torn about what to do from there back. With some advice from well-known viper tuners I was sold on the B&B Cat-Back, but Gus's recent post made me worry about drone. Now's I'm considering the Corsa's. Which would be better for extended highway travel when you actually want to talk to your passenger?

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well yeah... Whats the point of having a passenger if you can't hear them yell "Cop!"....

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can control the gas pedal Bonkers. The drone is only at a small range of RPM. Don't drive your car for extended periods of time at that RPM. 6th gear on the highway at 65-80mph, no drone. Corsa's for those who want to sneak out at night and don't want their wives to catch them LOL

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a total of 6 mufflers on my car with the back four coming from the Corsa exhaust. Even with all that I stil get drone from 2000-2500. If I am not in that range I am good. I did not even want to take the chance with any other exhaust as being as quiet as possible is important to me. And to be honest my car is not even all that quiet with 6 mufflers.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inside the cockpit my car is quiet, but outside it is quite loud. I have the bellanger headers, RT high flow cats, and the Corsa cat back. I love the sound. Your best bet is to go to a few car events and listen for yourself. Eveyone has a different opinion of what sounds best to them. Good luck

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue GTS,

Hopefully we will hook up tomorrow. I have the Mopar/Borla exhaust with an additional two Spintech Mufflers mounted in the rear. The spintech's have made a very big difference in cutting down on the drone.

I'd be curious to see how that differs from the corsa system.

Bonkers,

I can tell you don't go with the single Borla System if you don't like drone. The only time I liked the sound was at idle, on acceleration, de-acceleration and when the engine was off, but not cruising.

I found the sound way too loud and made cruising no fun.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joel, I was going to go with a customer exhaust with Spintech's in the back and one 3 foot long muffler in each side sill. I would have done it if I could have been fabricated in one day. But I didn’t as I am not a fan of leaving my car.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I spoke at lenght with Sean Roe this morning about it and he recommended the the four muffler borla with a cross over mod. I liked what he told me, but according to his saleman he cannot get the Borla for another four weeks - maybe longer - so he also recommended the B&B.

One thing is for sure though - I'm getting a little worried and proportionaly impressed that absolutely no one can agree on this subject.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers,

I'm not sure if the new borla has different mufflers in them as the original system that is on my car, but before I put the Mufflex/Spintech mod on the rear of the exhuast I had an H-pipe with two 10" mufflers fabricated and put it on the system and it did little to reduce the volume or the drone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave