Is anybody going on the Hot Rod Power Tour?

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the Power Tour coming up, I was thinking about going on some, maybe all of it. Just curious if anybody else was planning on going with a Viper that we could cruise it with.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, John, John,

I'm with Joseph on this one. I looked at your link and still have no idea what this is! Do tell...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure somebody else can put into verbage more eloquently than I what this is all about, but I will try.

The "tour" is put together by HOT ROD magazine. Muscle cars from all over the country gather at a starting point, this year it is in Milwaukee WI, and travel, or "tour", all the way down to Kissimee FLA over 6/7 days.

The first day of travel this year goes from WI, down to Springfield IL. The next leg on the tour goes from Springfieled to INDY. I do not know what the volume of cars is that participate, as this will be my first "tour". I have heard though that is an awesome experience. maybe a veteran of the tour can give the finer details to all of us.

Search at www.hotrod.com for details. hope to see you there!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From their website:

It all started back in 1995, when the HOT ROD staff came up with the idea to take a cross-country road trip with our project cars, and we invited all of our car buddies and anyone else that wanted to go along. The first route stretched from Los Angeles all the way to Norwalk, Ohio, and while there were thousands of participants along the way, only seven were die-hard enough to get inducted into the original Long Haul Gang (not counting the staff’s and specially invited cars). Boy, we’ve come a long way since then!

As the Power Tour grew in age, it grew exponentially in size, and the 2004 Long Haul Gang was comprised of approximately 2,000 hot rodders.

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were 2 red and one yellow Vipers in Effingham IL today for lunch. I missed the red ones, but friends told me one was red with white stripes and "big" wing and the other was all red. The yellow GTS was from Texas I believe.