NorCal Bay Area Viper Dyno Tuning

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw an online advert for a dyno tuning shop in Las Vegas that charged $175 to do multiple run dyno tuning for your Viper (if I remember correctly it included about one hour of tuning w/multiple dyno runs, but cannot remember the name of the shop...DOH!).

Does anyone in the Bay Area offer anything like this?

Thanks,
Cal
:2tu: 1996 Shelby Colors RT/10 :2tu:

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think to do this you would need a way to alter your stock PCM. I remember West Coast Viper saying they could do this, but the reflash was about 500 bucks.
If you have a piggyback like the vec 2, then dyno tuning is worthwhile.
I'd be curious to know how they are changing parameters on the pcm though. I suspect the cost is for dyno time only providing you have a way to change parameters. If you have a stock PCM you might be stuck unless they can reflash which I haven't heard much about from anyone outside of west coast viper.

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hamish which 96 RT/10 did you get? I just picked my Shelby colors 96 RT/10 last Saturday :cool:

I wouldn't mind just knowing the RWHP as well.

Thanks,
Cal
:2tu: 1996 Shelby Colors RT/10 :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a place in NY with some good offerings:

Full tuning including wide-band O2 and full tech support.
$120 first hour
$100 additional hour

Stand-alone management systems are an additional $100/hr

Baseline runs.
$75 3 power pulls and 1 1/4 mile run
$50 4 1/4 mile runs

http://www.visionsofspeed.net/dyno/

anyone in the SF bay area doing anything like this ?

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine's white with blue stripes. I just got it a few weeks ago and it's in totally mint condition and only 17k miles. Got a few nice mods too as my signature itemises! I would hope that it's power at the flywheel to be at least 450bhp. Can't wait to find out...

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could easily get a dyno day going at a couple of my local shops. It would be in the San Jose area.....How many would be willing?!? What are you guys looking for.... 3 dyno runs or tuning also...???

Steve

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if all you want is a dyno pull I did mine at Newtek in Hayward
Nicks number is 510-785-FAST

He has a dyno jet and is pretty reasonable.
I don't know why you would need someone who knows vipers if all you need are the dyno pulls

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve dyno runs and dyno tuning would be awesome!

Maybe it could be run in two phases, phase1 for the folks that just want to get some dyno runs, and phase2 for the folks that want to do dyno tuning.

Cal

Reaction score
The Viper Club is invited.

Here is an event that might be of interest.

06/18 - Custom Dyno Tuning – Want to know how much Horse Power, torque, and air/fuel ratio your car actually has? Well then this is your event. The company normally charges $75 for 3 pulls; however, if we get at least 10 cars the cost would be $50 per car for 3 pulls. The day starts at 9AM on and they have a BBQ on site and provide soda’s for club events. This type of test can show you exactly the torque, horsepower and air/fuel ratio a car is producing. RSVP to [email protected] by June 15th if you would like to attend. If we don’t get 10 cars the event will be canceled.

Happy Prowling,

Phil Horvath
Prowler Owners Association
Northern California State Coordinator
email: [email protected] phone: (916) 983-5750

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred,

This sounds good to me... I emailed to find out where and if there was any tuning available, or just baseline runs.

Thanks,
Cal

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: If you call Ted May at Valaya Racing, and ask him about getting your car dynoed, maybe he will hurry up and buy the dyno he says he is going to get sooner. Al said they will be getting one in a couple of months. Now that they have their big, new facility. Then we will have a source for tuning and getting your car dynoed. His new shop is right next door to the "Shark Tank" ,(the H.P. Pavilion)

Call Ted at 408-448-8811

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got an email from the event coordinator:

We will be at Custom Dyno Tuning is located at:
27515 Industrial Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545

You will have 3 runs so minor adjustment can be made if desired.

Let me know if you would like to attend.

Phil

Hopefully some of our fellow Viper enthusiasts can help with these 'minor' adjustments. :headbang:

Cal

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like i said before, you can get the pulls done, but without aftermarket pcm or piggyback, I doubt you can do any adjustments even with the help of viper enthusiasts.
Someone did post a link to ease diagnostics who apparently makes software to hack into the stock pcm, but no one seems to have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets