stock tire replacement

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are good tires to replace the stock ones? i have 5000 miles on them, and one has a huge nail in it, so Im gunna replace all 4. if anyone wants the other 3 for free, come get em, Im in san diego

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're sticking with the stock rims, I think you have two choices: Either Run Flat Pilot Sports, or Non-Run Flat Pilot Sports.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie.
If Trinh cannot pick them up, let me know, and I will pick them up, and store them until he can get down. I also live in San Diego, and have a SUV to pick them up for him.
Trinh is my friend, and fellow club member. Let me know if I can help out.

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie.
If Trinh cannot pick them up, let me know, and I will pick them up, and store them until he can get down. I also live in San Diego, and have a SUV to pick them up for him.
Trinh is my friend, and fellow club member. Let me know if I can help out.

-ok I sent him a PM so in the next week or two I will get them. Any advice where in SD, or is 4 day or one of those places fine? thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option is the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. I just got a set. One of the guys recommended them for traction purposes.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not 4 day, Discount Tire has some good equipment.

Make sure when you are having someone mount your new tires, that they have equipment to handle our large wheels.

A phone call in advance will save some hassles if the equipment can not change a Viper sized tire.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
355 Pirellis worked really well for me. They are a bit shorter than stock, so the fender gap is more pronounced, but they are wider and they hook much better.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
355 Pirellis worked really well for me. They are a bit shorter than stock, so the fender gap is more pronounced, but they are wider and they hook much better.

How's this for filling out the wheel well? And yes, I know there are two lugs missing. I was test fitting :D

1882wheels1.JPG

1882wheels.JPG

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
America's tire in El Toro has the equipment and the talent to mount Viper tires. They've done 4 sets for me without incident.

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
America's tire in El Toro has the equipment and the talent to mount Viper tires. They've done 4 sets for me without incident.

-el toro is kinda far. only tires so far i can find are the stock ones sans runflat