Gen 1's becoming extinct on the road?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1\'s becoming extinct on the road?

Well, I cruise around from time to time in my Gen 1...it seems like at most events...everybody is in GTS's and Gen 2 RT's and of course the Gen 3's. Do i need to quit driving mine like everyone else? I see them on ebay all the time...but I don't see them around near as much as the GTS's and Gen 2's....

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gen 1\'s becoming extinct on the road?

I like the fact that GEN Is are kind of a rarity. :)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like no other car...if I get in the outside lane, anyone within' a 1/2 mile ahead moves to the middle lane.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine was on the road today :) Where were you?

There were just not that many made, less left. Spread out, some shipped acorss seas.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because they're torn apart getting modified,lol.Did you know the new corvettes have 500hp :shocked:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Not mine - driving every chance I get now that the weather has finally turned nice.

Interesting note: according to the Viper registry, there was 5675 Gen 1 Vipers made for the US including the 96 Gen 1.5 RT/10. Wonder how many of those are actually left driving on the roads today?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have about 1800 miles on mine this year already. TOOOFST has a good point though, as mine is going to be taken apart in the next week for head gaskets, and a Roe s/c. I hope it will only be down for a few days, and then I intend to put about 5-6K more miles on this year.

Seems that I see many more GTS's here in chicagoland than RT/10's, gen 1 or gen 2.

martyb

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Not mine - driving every chance I get now that the weather has finally turned nice.

Interesting note: according to the Viper registry, there was 5675 Gen 1 Vipers made for the US including the 96 Gen 1.5 RT/10. Wonder how many of those are actually left driving on the roads today?

Could be as little as 4500 by now, I have seen reports that on average about 15% are totaled add another 5% for say now off the road either parts cars or just track cars. Good question ?

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i would be willing to bet it is even less. plus there is the fact that probably several hundred over the years have been exported out of the country.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not mine..another 300 miles this weekend going thru CT!

i84 always sees a red gen 1! :laugh: