Fog Light Lens???

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I take off my fog light lenses so I can clean the dust that has accumulated behind them? Do they just pop out? Anyone done this?

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you use a screw driver to pop them out? How do you pop them out? Do they go back in easy? How do you put them back in. I'm being overly cautious because I don't want to break them.
Thanks!

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are easy, a little pressure and they will pop out. They are plastic, not glass, they will bend. I used a small flat screw driver.

I was cautious the first time as well, trust me, no reason to be to worried over it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed on a '99, one year older than mine, there are no fog light lenses. Did they stop using them from '99 onward? I like the look without them much better, but don't want the holes if I pop them out.

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea they stopped making them in 99. Lots of people like the look w/out them. But, I'm not one of them. I just don't like the way dust accumulates behind them.
94RT10Ohio,
Thanks, makes me feel better.

Reaction score
They stopped using the covers because when the ACR came along they had the "fog light delete" option...so they changed the mold to acommodate the cover-less Vipers. Instead of two separate fascias, they made one....without covers.

Now, do be careful because:

1) TVC technique of "Popping them out" usually invlolves a tire wall. :) :2tu:

2) Although you just need to apply a little pressure in the right direction, you can still snap a tab. Been there, done that. Tab only broke a little off...still works...but picked up a spare set from Venomblue, so I'm happy. :)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve, what you have is a cover which replaces the fog light. They are talking about the clear lense which goes in front of the fog light on pre-99 models.

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thank you for all your input. I poped them out last night with a rag and flat head screw driver. Washed and waxed the paint around the fog light and poped them back in. Looks brand new!
Thanks for the help!!!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Camfab- what I have is a fog light with the clear cover I know they were suppose to have stopped but mine has it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper