Machine shop broke my heat sensor off in my heads.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8227heads2-med.jpg

Took my heads to a machine shop that seemed to do a great job but broke my heat sensor (Circled red in pic) off in my heads.

Questions:
1. They say my heads are interchangeable. That I can switch them and put a new heat sensor in the other head and be fine. Is this true?

2. I went to the Dodge parts counter and tried to find the right part number for the Heat sensor. They were not sure but thought is was part number: J3230408 Is that number the correct number?

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:mad: can't tell by your post but are they taking responsibility for fixing or not? they broke it, they should fix it. :mad: or am i just crazy and it doesn't work that way anymore???

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:mad: can't tell by your post but are they taking responsibility for fixing or not? they broke it, they should fix it. :mad: or am i just crazy and it doesn't work that way anymore???

No they say that they didn't do it. If it is an easy fix I will just fix it. If not I will take it up with the Machine shop.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all break. Have them remove the old one so It doesn't give you any trouble. The heads are interchangeable so that doesn't matter. The new part is under $10.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all break. Have them remove the old one so It doesn't give you any trouble. The heads are interchangeable so that doesn't matter. The new part is under $10.

They got most of it out. Just my threads look stripped. Will this be a problem?

Thanks
Dan

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can try and chase the threads with a tap and use it again, if that doesn't work. Drill it, tap it, plug it and use the other side.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the idiot light sensor, the temp gauge sensor is near the thermostat. If anti-seize is not used on that sensor it is also impossible to remove without breaking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang