Dead Battery ???

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The GTS is locked, both of the remote don't work to open the door and beep the alarm. It was working two weeks ago, and the battery was changed 3 weeks ago.
If I decide to open the hood, is the alarm going to go off, and is it going to "screw" up my alarm settings making my "jump" start impossible??? I do not know that much about this topic... Thank you in advance to help me out...

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a great solution to the dead battery problem. go to walmart and by 1 of those battery tenders for 19 bucks it comes with leads that permantely attach to the battery, on the batter tender side it comes with a quick connect. run the lead that is permantely attached to the battery into the trunk area. so when the battery does go dead, all you have to do is pop the rear hatch plug in the batter tender wait about five minutes, that will give you enough charge to pop the solenoid. VOLLA doors open. The reason being is I have a 94 Nissan 300ZX twinturbo, with solenoid actuated doors, and I have had problems with the battery going dead, since installing the battery tender, I saved myself crawling through the hatch. I have now installed the battery tender in my GTS just in case :) Venom1 2000gts

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure someone has already thought of this Idea but hey, I doesn't hurt to mention it again for those who dont

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my battery is dead and when i connect the battery tender to it, i get the blinking red lights indicating the battery is not hooked properly. i drove it last saturday but inadvertently left the keys in the car. what are my options? jump it? i have the hood open and the battery tender properly hooked... :mad:

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2kviper - i have the exact same situtation now. i hook up my tender & i cant get a steady red light, only flashing, battery must be shot

it was dead when i tried it two days ago as well, but then the tender let me charge it up enuff to start again, now back to the same problem, only this time i cant seem to hook it up right -took 48hrs to charge it!

what did you end up doing? looks like i gotta replace it -thanks

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Is the battery not located in the same place as GEN I's, behind the rear tire? If it is dead just replace it. Recharging with a recharger or tender is not going to "fix it" unless you accidently left the lights on and the battery is somewhat new.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are using a Battery Tender brand of charger, when you get a flashing red light it can mean one of two things.
(1) It is hooked up incorrectly
(2) The battery is at 80% charge
If the battery is "toast", it will most likely tell the charger it is charged but have a dead cell and NOT take a charge. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs