Question on Hood Grills and Viper Logo

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried a search but was unable to come up with a satisfactory answer. Has anyone taken out the hood grills from a GTS and repainted the black? How difficult were they to remove and what paint/process was used? Also, is it possible to buy that OEM raised viper logo (that is color matched to car) on the rear bumper? Thanks, Rob

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color match decals are easy to remove with a blow dryer and dental floss. Just heat them up and work the dental floss under a corner and they will peal.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do another search. there is a really good write up on removing and painting hood "speakers", that I used a couple of weeks ago when i did mine. it's easy.
just use a magnetic screwdriver or one with a clamp because it's easy to drop the screws into the hood...........

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Un'sidepiper - Yup they got 'em. But they ain't cheap! Thanks.

vinny2 - searched again utilizing "speakers". Came up w/quite a bit more info. Lot's of stuff on taking them off; not so much on repainting them. Let me know if you come across the thread you used!

I want to know how they prepped/primed them and what paint they used to get the original look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950