"TOMORROW’S CLASSICS TODAY " by Jay Leno

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re:

Interesting! I remember when Jay Leno got the first Viper out here, at Valley Dodge. I think it was a black RT10. I knew even then, that the Viper was a classic, because of its looks and performance. Even if cars today are faster or better, the earlier Vipers will always represent the best of an era. Kinda like a 67 tri-power 427 Vette. Cars today are much faster, but they don't have the same mystique.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"TOMORROW’S CLASSICS TODAY \" by Jay Leno

You must be registered for see images

Great article................

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

That was a great article over all but there is one thing i dont like. Not only did i notice this in his article but also just about everywhere. The small generlizations about how we "cant read time cause our watches dont have hands" or whatever the exact quote was are quite anoyying to me. Im smart enough to know that of course im not as intelligent as MOST adults....but i am far from stupid, which is exactly what anyone that cant read a normal clock with hands is. There is always the sour apple in every bunch, but i hate to see my entire generation generalized based on that one..............welcome to life i suppose.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Very good article. I like the part about kids telling time. It's much like asking a kid to tie his shoes. Often, the young kids don't know how becasue thier sneakers always had Velcro.

AC

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

That was a great article over all but there is one thing i dont like. Not only did i notice this in his article but also just about everywhere. The small generlizations about how we "cant read time cause our watches dont have hands" or whatever the exact quote was are quite anoyying to me. Im smart enough to know that of course im not as intelligent as MOST adults....but i am far from stupid, which is exactly what anyone that cant read a normal clock with hands is. There is always the sour apple in every bunch, but i hate to see my entire generation generalized based on that one..............welcome to life i suppose.

I would tend to disagree with you Casey.
First, you probably are as intelligent as most adults.

What you're lacking is some education (it's anoying, not anoyying, type-o I suppose?) If you use quotation marks you should use the exact words of the author not a disclaimer.

Life experience is also helpful in this case. Then you can understand that generalizations are just that, nothing more nothing less. If you take every generalization or stereo type personally you'll likely be in for a long life with a chip on your shoulder.

All that aside, I really thought his idea of buying a car for enjoyment and taking good care of it was wise advice. If it appreciates as a collectible then it's to your advantage, if not, you enjoyed the car for its intended purpose.