Engine Start Up

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased an early 93 viper and have been restoring it over the past few weeks. While performing various inspections I had the battery disconnected for several days. After reconnecting the battery, the engine will turn over without a problem it just seems to have a difficult time wanting to fire up.

I have only given it a few attempts for fear of burning up the starter. I figured I should check with some experts before I did anything I would regret. Any ideas?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Definitely sounds to me like the alarm needs to be reset. Now if I could just remember how to do it? If you haven't had the opportunity to talk to the Wizard - Chuck Tator - this might be a good chance to introduce yourself to him.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely the alarm. Take off the drivers side knee bolster, reach up to the alarm module and locate the green wire. From there I do not remember the procedure clearly but I believe you need to press both fob buttons while grounding the wire. Check your manual it should state the process clearly.

OP
OP
M

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice. I'll give it a try this weekend.

OP
OP
M

mcb48

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One click of the transmitter and she fired right up.