Repost: Anyone making vents to use fog holes as brake vents.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this sometime ago and only response I got was pictures of ninja stars in the fog light holes, then TooFast mentioned in passing that someone was making a vent to use ACR-style fog holes to get air to the brakes. Any new developments out there? Maybe the Vipar folks make something! :D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't waste your time , as this is not an area that gets proper air flow. Woodhouse designed a brake ducting system years ago that got ton of air on the calipers/rotors, and then the indominatible Henry " I am Proud to be Anal," Cone came up with a kit that is a wonder to behold. It is downright pretty and well finished ,even though no one can see it. The Famous Paul Mumford built two flugle horns to protrude out the nose of his ACR to finally capture air, and he joked that his Horny Air Intake looked like and orchestra coming down the straights. Cone's adaptation of Woodhouse's idea is the most effective on the market, as it forces air onto the brake components at the highest pressure zone.

This is the number one item to keep your brake fluid from boiling, giving your brake pads double the life , as well as decreasing rotor wear.

I ran through 3 sets of pads at Mid Ohio in 2000, and yet one year later with this system ( albiet the one we designed initially ) on a faster car, I made it through the entire weekend , a practice day for the next Viper Days event, and one morning track sesssion. The initial figure is a bit high to some, but you will get it all back in less than one year of events.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, Henry C. confirmed this in person Saturday when I asked him about those fog lights. They just look like natural vents through to the front brakes, but they are, alas, a low pressure area, and that dog just don't hunt.
Maybe I'll try the Porsche deflectors, and see if they help...

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful with the carcass catchers. I have to do major avoidance maneuvers when road kill looms on the horizon. Those Porsche deflectors hang pretty low...

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, you have any pics/info on these brake ducts you would mind posting? Or should we contact you directly?

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Henry's version of the ducts and concur with Bill P. and others that they're effective.

You do have to remove the front fascia and drill (3") holes in the radiator supports though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper