Gen II power windows switch illumination

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done this modification on my 00 GTS and was wondereing is there is any interest in me doing a kit/instruction sheet?

Some background:

If you look closely at the very top of the switches, you will see a little clear plastic window.

Reason for it is that those switches were/are designed with an LED in it for night time illumination,but since DC used the part bin strategy for those switches,and those switches were used in a car with green illumination and that on the Viper,it's orange, they decided not to wire the LED

You can either connect the pins for the LED and get green lighting or, like i did on mine change the LED to orange ones.

Luc.00GTS

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it for my 2000 years ago. The switches are from a Caravan right door, and this is why they light up in green.

I ran jumpers from the rear defrost switch illumination lead...so that they come on with the headlights. I also replaced the greeen LEDs with amber/orange LEDS along with resistors to drop the voltage so they match the dash lights. (The resistors are in the harness I made.)

I think I posted more detail way back when...maybe a search on my name?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper