Oil pressure reading

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the normal oil pressure reading for a 96' RT/10? I talked to someone today and now they have me a little freaked out that my oil pressure may not be as strong as it should. Can someone please tell me what good readings are for while the car is at hot idle and while driving at say 40mph and 70mph? I thought I knew a lot about Vipers before I bought mine. Man, I didnt know jack-crap. Or either I'm a lot more paranoid now that I own one and want to be sure everything is perfect, like so many other Vipers owners :D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Our SAME car reads from low 40's when fully warm and at low RPM...then it reads 55-58 when above 2500-3000 RPM range using Mobil 1 10W-30. Hope this helps.

By the way, have you had time to check on the recall brackets and whether or not you can you get to your oil filter from below???

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here from new. 40+ at hot idle to 70 at cool higher rpm. Normal hot high rpm is around 60. At speed (40 or 70) it should be in the 60-70 range. That is with 15w-40 Mobil 1. I do not recall any change when I switched from 10w-30 regular oil to Mobil 1 either (course that was eons ago - 1st oil change back in 1995).

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our SAME car reads from low 40's when fully warm and at low RPM...then it reads 55-58 when above 2500-3000 RPM range using Mobil 1 10W-30. Hope this helps.

By the way, have you had time to check on the recall brackets and whether or not you can you get to your oil filter from below???

I havent had a chance to drive it to work and get it back on the lift b/c we're still getting a little leftovers from Hurricane Dennis. I'm going to take it to Dodge (hopefully next week) and let their Viper tech look at it and see exactly what the welding shop has to redo. Then Dodge can call the welding shop and let them know how to get it straight.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Chad...you know, if you find that the brackets are installed improperly, you might want to consult directly with Tom Sessions to see what he might be able to do for you. Good luck, man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC