Buying a used 97 gts=have questions

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a used 1997 GTS and i was just wondering if i could get some insight from other viper owners if this the right thing to do based on mileage etc. thank you

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kinda condition is it in? how was it maintained? can he show reciepts for the maint.? recalls done right?...etc

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper 4 months ago. It is a perfect 4K miles 97 red GTS. I paid less than that figure for it. I would say offer less (5-7,ooo) or keep locking. If there are a number of nice upgrades etc., and the car has a complete service history, then maybe. There are some good autos out there, you just have to be patient and look. :p

My $0.02

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue/White Vipers in 96 and 97 only. These cars command a nice premium over the more common Red.

If it is a B/W it and in good condition it is priced right. If it is a Red one, it is maybe a little high.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say he drove that snake.

The guys here are shooting you straight, with the mileage I have to say you have some more room to go down a couple k, but, again, depends on how bad you want to buy it and how bad he wants to sell it..I am glad the dealership did not want a few k more for mine, because I would of paid it in a minute..

1- look for the 998 recall to be done right
2- look for heavy oil leaks,front of timing chain cover and oil pan,also test the clutch and shifting..
3- look at drivers seat for heavy wear, left side by door, also check how doors are hung..
4- drive with windows closed, listen for noise from rear hatch
5- front facia,look for stress cracks..

I could go on and on, but, best tip, have checked out by a Viper tech, and if possible have one of the guys from VCA tag along..

Hope it works out, cause they are freakin awesome... :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That seems high to me, I'd shop around more. For a Viper that mileage is a lot. We had a Blue/White for sale locally here on Long Island with 15K for $49K and it had no takers for months. Don't know if it finally sold or not the ad is gone.

OP
OP
B

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys I really appreciate your time. Your the best! Does anyone know viper club members from Utah cause i would love to get to know them and also good viper techs in this area as well??
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth