?Need Help and advice buying a used viper

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the process of purchasing a used viper 1997 grs blue w/white stripes 39,400 miles. Seller is asking $47,500 firm. Any advice?

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any mods? as point of reference, some say i stole my 97 which had 58k miles for $35k. would think he would go lower some. problem is the supply on blue/whites is limited. something like @ 900 made in 96 & 1200 made in 97. and then i think they stopped the paint scheme. somebody plz correct me if i is wrong here.

OP
OP
B

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes there is borla exhaust, also headers but im not sure what brand, new gears, spoiler, K&n, short throw shifter, carbon fiber interior, green stuff brake pads, roe perf module. etc...

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i must say those are sweet mods. my car had corsa exhaust, autoform adjustable racing wing, cb radio, sheepskin covers, car cover, & guy threw in his viper jean jacket. ripped cb radio out & sheepskins as well.

what gear ratio on gears & what spoiler? have pics?

OP
OP
B

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure what wing/spoiler it is but he claims he paid over $2,500 dollars for it. also i think he said the gears were 307's? It is also lowered

OP
OP
B

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure what wing/spoiler it is but he claims he paid over $2,500 dollars for it. also i think he said the gears were 307's? It is also lowered

OP
OP
B

B. Axelgard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price does seem high for the mileage. The exhaust is nice and the spoiler is preference. Personally I like the look of the car without it. Is the interior clean?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be prepared to getting a lot of hassles from the other employees at your work. You'll start getting fed up of explaining your life's story to them. They'll be hypothesising everything bad.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be prepared to getting a lot of hassles from the other employees at your work. You'll start getting fed up of explaining your life's story to them. They'll be hypothesising everything bad.
Very true. Plus everyone will ask for rides and make fun of you if you're ever late lol.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B: I think the price is high for the miles, plus 96 is the "real collector" year not 97. I know everything is relative, but for 40-50% more money you could buy a 2001 ACR with 1000 ( 1K ) miles on it and in my opinion have a lot more car... I mean the $50K your looking at spending will buy almost your choice of vipers (so-to-say). I would keep looking.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems way high for mileage. If you live in an area that gets snow the best price will be found in the fall. I personally spent $49k on my black 2000 RT/10 with 16k miles last September from a dealer. Mods are good and bad. They do enhance speed and looks but if the previous owner didn't think stock was fast enough he probably drove it hard. Buying a Viper is not like shopping for a Corvette where there are thousands of cars listed. Roughly 2000 Vipers are made per year. Don't be in a rush to spend that cash. Your patience will pay off. Good luck.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i paid $41k for my silver with 23k miles, the blue/white scheme is a limited run car, but not sure its worth $10k more. the mods are nice but not worth 16k unless hes including installation. then MAYBE!

Reaction score
If you want to make an informed purchase buy the "Viper Buyers Guide". When you locate a car that is seems to meet your needs, have a good Viper Tech inspcet the car before purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62