BEWARE CLASSIFIED SECTION FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not certain if anyone of you post classified section items for sale. Please beware since I have just recently discovered fradulent attempts to purchase items with bogus certified cheques. Apparently this has been happening for sometime and many people have lost very valueable items.

Here is an email I received from a fradulent buyer.

hello,
thanks for the return mail i realy apreciate your efort towards this transaction i will instruct my fiananceir to issue out a cheque of $5000 for Porsche Hard Top and Vehicle Cover and for the shiping and you are advice to deduct your $1,900 from the $5000 and send the balance to my shiper who will use the balance to clear the Porsche Hard Top and Vehicle Cover and pay for insurance and customs so all you need do is to get back to me with your full info like this,
FULL NAME (TO BE WRITTEN ON THE CHEQUE)
FULL CONTACT ADRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!
COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!
STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZIPE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PHONE/CELL NUMBER!!!!!!!!!
THANKS WITH REGARDS
phiscal adress please!!

I asked this person for his address and phone number with no success, which lead me to believe it was fradulent. I have also forwarded his email address to local and federal authorities. I am just trying to help and make certain other people are not victimized. :mad: :mad:

Cheers
Patrick

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have wasted his time...taken his cheque told him to screw off lol

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............maybe next time great idea. But I would have preferred to meet with him in person and beat the living **** out of him. Damn this stuff ****** me off........

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"phiscal adress please!!"

I can't believe you refuse to help a fellow Canadian, he obviously needs the money for spelling school :confused:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We added a "Scam Warnings" link at the bottom of the classifieds a while back to help buyers and sellers to be a little smarter. This is one of the scams on our list, If y'all have any more for us to add, just drop me a note..

Scam Warnings

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ending stories. What did they think, we're as gullible as Corvette guys :cool: ;)

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got this e-mail that turned out to be a scam also:

Hi,
i am interested in buying your 2004 Viper SRT-10let us know the bottom price.Confirm if it is still available for sale and if a certified cashier's check will be acceptable as mode of payment.kindly get to me ASAP for
further enquiry.
Regards,
Alice

Anyone else notice that most of these scams have Yahoo e-mail address'?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< thanks for the return mail i realy apreciate your efort towards this transaction i will instruct my fiananceir to issue out a cheque of $5000 for Porsche Hard Top and Vehicle Cover and for the shiping and you are advice to deduct your $1,900 from the $5000 and send the balance to my shiper who will use the balance to clear the Porsche Hard Top and Vehicle Cover and pay for insurance and customs so all you need do is to get back to me with your full info like this, >>

I dont know which is older, this BS, or those money / chain letter / pyramid thingies.

My experience has been that if the letter isnt written in "english", forget it. (See above - "bad english" and no puctuation).

Mispelled words are another red flag. (See above - "appreciate", "really", "shipper", and "effort").

Bizarre and confusing money shuffles like the one above are also red flags. (See above - "deduct your $1,900 from the $5000 and send the balance to my shiper").

The majority of these scams are from overseas too. (See above - "..and pay for insurance and customs").

Common sense has to used, especially when we are talking about large dollar items such as vipers, etc. This email has fraud written all over it, and is more than a "red flag" - this email is a nuclear bomb exploding.

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, thanks for the heads up. I remember when I was in the market for the Viper the very first time I would come across these scams to where you give a $1000 deposit up front then they bring the car to you for inspection. I emailed back and told him to pack sam! Imagine how young inexperienced young
people fall for this kind of stuff. It's ashame. Even a certified check and be cancelled for what I've heard. To me it's money in my hand or forget about it whenever I sell something!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I remember when I was in the market for the Viper the very first time I would come across these scams to where you give a $1000 deposit up front then they bring the car to you for inspection. >>

I remember those days too. Been there, done that - we all probably have.

If you or anyone else is ever in the market for a Viper, never forget this - there are alot of VERY COOL "viper people" all over this country, who I am sure would be willing to help out a "future brotha". If you have a line on a Viper somewhere, let us know, and I am willing to bet that we can find someone who would be willing to atleast go and see if it really exists.

I know I would be willing to do it.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, thanks for the heads up. I remember when I was in the market for the Viper the very first time I would come across these scams to where you give a $1000 deposit up front then they bring the car to you for inspection. I emailed back and told him to pack sam! Imagine how young inexperienced young
people fall for this kind of stuff. It's ashame. Even a certified check and be cancelled for what I've heard. To me it's money in my hand or forget about it whenever I sell something!

I think those inexperienced young people are indeed very vulnerable. I hope they think twice before they make any monetary transactions over the internet. With all the violence and deaths that we are experiencing around the world today, the last thing we need is additional ***holes trying to take advantage of innocent victims. :mad: :mad:

If I had the time I would seek this person out wherever he is and have a physical conversation with him. :2tu:

Cheers and be safe.
Patrick

PS: the email came from [email protected]

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about this but I just have to, can't stop myself.

"Mispelled words are another red flag. (See above - "appreciate", "really", "shipper", and "effort")."

It would help in this sentence if "misspelled" is spelled correctly. :)

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got another e-mail from [email protected] wanting to know if the Viper is still for sale:

thanks for your mail sir,
i am interested in buying the car pls con firm the last price and get back to me.
Alice.

Anyone have any suggestions on I can have some fun with this *****? :D

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah send him to a bogus address in Alaska or better yet Nunavut. Thats a territory in Canada so remote he'll spend a fortune and time trying to get there.
Let me know if you need an address. :D

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
Have them send you the cashiers check, then tell them you can't wire the money (balance) back, so you will fed ex it (or DHL).
Send the balance in monopoly money.

EDIT: do not give you address, etc., Use a P.O. Box #.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< It would help in this sentence if "misspelled" is spelled correctly. >>

I KNEW I was going to misspell a word somewhere! :eek: Thanks.

I also know that my grammar proably isn't the best either, but my point remains the same - that even my 6-year-old can probably spell better than most of these scammers, AND I will bet he can also identify a higher level of grammar than these POS scammers ever seem to use.

And even with my minor infractions, you must agree that there is clearly a difference between my spelling and grammar, and what is in that "scam email" above. That was my point.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I took some advise and thought I would have some fun with this idiot.

I kept playing with him until he went through all the trouble to send a courier and a cheque to my place of business. I sent the courier away with a box and a picture of my hand giving him the finger. :2tu:

I also sent a picture of the cheque to the Internet Fraud ( RCMP in Canada ) and the FBI in the USA.

Here is a copy of the cheque. Has anyone heard of " Clarion Office Farmers National Bank " PA. What is PA?

9357100_1100-med.JPG

I wish I was a fly on the wall when he gets the box I sent him and the bill from the courier. :D :D

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Vipah;
I called the bank and they told me the cheque was fraud and it originated from NIGERIA. Of all places!!!!!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I took some advise and thought I would have some fun with this idiot.

I kept playing with him until he went through all the trouble to send a courier and a cheque to my place of business. I sent the courier away with a box and a picture of my hand giving him the finger. :2tu:

That's awesome!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I sent the courier away with a box and a picture of my hand giving him the finger. >>

LOL - Brilliant. (APPLAUSE)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32