drilling small holes in front of side sill/ behind front tires.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cut mine off completely. Then installing the mesh screen made by thermotech from the JEGS catalog. You can drill holes as only the exhaust is behind there. These black parts are just an extension of the inner wheel fender.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, I guess if you used a template and kept the holes uniform, same design on each side, wouldn't look bad.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a 1" hole saw and drilled three holes in the black end caps front and back. Used some screen from ACE on the back. Sills seem cooler to the calves.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Permanantly modifying the vehicle for dubious benifit should not be taken lightly if you care about future resale.

There are better ways to cool the sills than this, plus thanks to the introduction of additional moisture, acceleration of sill corrosion will be the more likely result.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron can you share these "better ways to cool the sills"
Unless you live in a swamp,any moisture will evaporate in seconds with the side sill heat and the benefits of cooling the extreme temperatures(major cause of corrosion here) in the sill should offset the eventual corrosion of aluminum from outside relative humidity.

Ron might have a Dubious point about Resale :crazy:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth