Starter

neurodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 2 short, nonstart, pushes on start button there is no res <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> ponse from starter at all. Have ck'd fuse box and starter fuse is ok, no way to ck the relay. Any ideas?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's your battery? just leaving the 350Watt radio on with the doors open for a few hours can drain power. Suggest you check that first.

OP
OP
N

neurodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch to the floor, everthing seems fine but no juice to the starter. Looks like flat bed to the hospital. Only 1 viper tech in my area.

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem about 6 weeks ago, but my car died in middle of a busy intersection. Had to have the car flatbedded to the dealership and they had to replace my starter - it had shorted out. The only difference is that mine blew a fuse (which was a sure sign of the short).

OP
OP
N

neurodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the in put I'll let you know what turns up!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what you need to do to find the problem.
Have a friend push the clutch down, turn the key on, anxd push the starter button wheil you take a 12 volt trouble light and hook the ground clip to the engine black and hold the probe to the large starter terminal, it should light up.If it does not then probe the large starter terminal where the + battery cable is attached and see if it lights up. if not you have a fuse or ground problem. Make sure you have a good ground where the ground strap is attached to the engine and the body. If you have light then while your friend holds down the starter buttom probe the small wire that runs to the solenoid, it should light. If not you need to work backwards to the ignition key, the clutch switch, and the starter button all the while checking for voltage with your test light. take it one step at a time in order and you will find the problem. I do not know if Dodge uses fuseable links like Ford does but if they do they are inline within the postitive cable to the stater solenoid and or the solenoid to starter / key switch wires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth