V

vegasviper

I i slow roll to a stop, the i dont get the fumes

Any ideas

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

How can it be mold, if it is wouldnt the smell be there all the time. Why is it only when i stop the car quick like and no smell if slow down easy.

Also, who make the mold remover and how do you apply it

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

Lethal, where is the heater core located and how can it be repaired

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lethal, where is the heater core located and how can it be repaired

Could be a hose that needs a better clamp. DC likes to use them darn crimped clamps (junk). It's located under the hood behind the front tire. It's in that ********* box where your fan etc is. It's very easy to remove the fan assembly. Two screws and two bolts, a couple electrical plugs (watch, one is underneath the fan connected to the fan motor that's kinda hard to see unless you know what you're looking for). I've never had the heater core out, but you should be able to get a bit of a look at it from there. I have to pull mine off this week (installing roller rockers). I'll have a better look for you.

Does it smell like anti freeze? I know my '94 did that and I was scared as h3ll it was headgaskets, but it was the heater core. Didn't smell all the time, just now and then.

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

Its an odd smell, cant realy tell. Sometimes it burns my nose and have to sneeze

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know. You see Vipers are Supersmelic. That's faster than the speed of smell. Kinda like supersonic but different. So, what is happening is when you accelerate your passengers are crapping their pants. When you slow down the smell finally catches up.
:D
It could happen.