Anyone here know about this FE in Canada?

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's #358 and the pics cetainly don't do it justice. Anyone know the history of this beauty? Been looking for quite sometime and I am very cautious of Ebay purchases, especially on a vehicle like this.

Thanks,
Matt

or

Item #: 4569032201

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be carefull.
In Canada there are a lot of rebuilt Vipers.
Run a check on Carfax to verify the title.
If you get the phone no of the owner I can call him for you.
If the car is in my area I can also have a look on it.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checked the FE site. According to it the owner is located in Montreal, Canada. I think the hood is just not close. Good luck. Hope this help.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't Canadian Vipers have their speedometer in kilometres per hour? It must not be a Canadian car? Sorry, don't have a Viper, that's why I ask.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be carefull.
In Canada there are a lot of rebuilt Vipers.
Run a check on Carfax to verify the title.
If you get the phone no of the owner I can call him for you.
If the car is in my area I can also have a look on it.

Yup, you are right! And in the US and in Europe and in Mexico........
790 miles? The car is like new, likely not wrecked. I wish I was closer I would check it out for you.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I wouldn't hestitate one bit to buy a car off of ebay but I would inform the seller (prior to my bid) that the car would have to undergo a complete exam by someone that knows these cars to back up what the seller is claiming. What is a literally new 2002 FE worth? 60-63k? I'd rather have this than the "new coupe".

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like how he says it's the only known one in Canada, I own #295 and live in Toronto, it's registered on the FE site.

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a safe bet. When looking at buying any car via the internet I would ALWAYS run the VIN# just in case, 10 bucks is nothing when your talking 55+K. In my paranoia I had a dealer run it and I ran it myself.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I wouldn't hestitate one bit to buy a car off of ebay but I would inform the seller (prior to my bid) that the car would have to undergo a complete exam by someone that knows these cars to back up what the seller is claiming. What is a literally new 2002 FE worth? 60-63k? I'd rather have this than the "new coupe".

I learned the hardway on this issue. Bought my car off of Ebay, which was no problem. Just email the seller and see if they will tell you where thar car is so you can fly out and see the car in person. If they are shaky on that, walk away. I emailed one guy about his car which was for sale on ebay because I knew the car, and he never posted the auction. Someone had taken pictures of his car and put it on ebay. Anyway, a plane ticket is well worth it in my mind when you are spending these kind of dollars.

Where I screwed up on buying my car was not flying someone out who knows how to check out these cars properly, or taking it somewhere where they could check it out. I had never driven one before and mine had a long list of mods including a vec-2 and roe s/c. Long story short, hope everyone learns from my misfortune, I put 72 miles on the car when she totally cratered. It had been badly tuned and I bought it with the motor hurt. People I bought it from, the Elite Automotive Group in Phoenix, would not return my calls. Do a search on them in this forum for the whole story.

I would buy another car on ebay when the time is right, but I am going to spend a little money and fly someone out that I trust to go over the car with a fine tooth comb before I write the check.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456