" Momma said ........Stupid is.........stupid does "

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\" Momma said ........Stupid is.........stupid does \"

Locked my keys in the trunk yesterday 60 miles from my home. I had to get the spare keys sent to me. Waited 3 hours.

Funny, thing is...... I know its going to happen again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ............any way to open the trunk or is there a mod I can install?

Cheers
Forrest Gump

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

On the SRT10, pull the trunk release clamp in the passenger compartment. Duh! I've done it several times with my SRT10.

-Manny

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

On the SRT10, pull the trunk release clamp in the passenger compartment. Duh! I've done it several times with my SRT10.

-Manny

Where is that? Never seen a trunk release "clamp" in mine.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I have never seen it and I looked in the owners manual. Where is it? How about a picture? On a more funny note you should hyave seen the day we were working on our test viper with the doors closes, windows up, and the keys in the ignition. We disconnected the negitive battery cable to clear and reset the computer after making engine changes. Low and beholod the viper went into lockdown mode as if I had tried to steal it. Had to go home and get the spare key and unlock the car from under the front fender.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Yes there is a way to open the trunk from under the hood. I will post the method tomorrow after I look back under the hood to remind myself and post for all to know. This is something that Tom Sessions Viper Days Tech./D&E Dodge Tech. showed me a few weeks ago. That guy is amazing with his ability to figure s_ _ _ t out. It is very useful to have around club events, you will be a hero of the day. Stay tuned tomorrow and I will post instructions.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

-Manny

Ooops, sorry, this is on my Hummmer H2. I get them confused sometimes. ;-)

-M

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

-Manny

Ooops, sorry, this is on my Hummmer H2. I get them confused sometimes. ;-)

-M

You were mighty quick to put in the "duh" It is an excellent question :mad:
Wormdoggy asks good, down to earth stuff

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I use to keep a Hide-a-key under all of my vehicles, with the car and a house key in it. Just hide it some ware were you can get to it easily and someone working on your car could not see it.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I use to keep a Hide-a-key under all of my vehicles, with the car and a house key in it. Just hide it some ware were you can get to it easily and someone working on your car could not see it.

Andrew, I thought about that but I need to have my boomerang ( GPS ) attached to the key at all times. So my fear would be to lose the key and the boomerang device.............very costly! Also I think it would be a bit to bulky to attach to the vehicle ( probably under the hood ). Also heat would be an issue as well.

Kelly, thanks for the thumbs up !

SCLSSRT10 .........I WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO READ YOUR POST!

Cheers
Patrick