Questions regarding soon to be arriving Viper . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Viper on order that will be arriving in the next few weeks. Two initial questions (the first of many to come I am sure):

What is the OEM, manufacturer-recommended motor oil? From past posts for other years I have seen Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, but what weight, 5w30?

What size socket do the wheel bolts/lugs take? 21 mm? 17mm? Also, from a past post the manufactuer recommended torque-spec for wheel lug tightening appears to be 90 lb-ft. Is this accurate? Again, I am looking for the exact factory torque setting.

Thanks!

/Rich

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Viper on order that will be arriving in the next few weeks. Two initial questions (the first of many to come I am sure):

What is the OEM, manufacturer-recommended motor oil? From past posts for other years I have seen Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, but what weight, 5w30?

What size socket do the wheel bolts/lugs take? 21 mm? 17mm? Also, from a past post the manufactuer recommended torque-spec for wheel lug tightening appears to be 90 lb-ft. Is this accurate? Again, I am looking for the exact factory torque setting.

Thanks!

/Rich

The wheel bolts are a 19mm socket. Yes, torque is 90 lb-ft, but I use 95 on all of my wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456