NY/CT Fall Foliage Cruise & Luncheon

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith this is Joel, not sure if you remember me. We met over a year ago at Raceway park right after I bought my Viper. I work with and am friends with Jim Wiberly.

I'm in Millstone township. Exit 8 off the turnpike. Let me know if you want to rendezvous as we drive north.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith this is Joel, not sure if you remember me. We met over a year ago at Raceway park right after I bought my Viper. I work with and am friends with Jim Wiberly.

I'm in Millstone township. Exit 8 off the turnpike. Let me know if you want to rendezvous as we drive north.

Definitly, we should meet up for this one. I am in East Brunswick right off of Cranbury Road.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can travel up route 130 and meet you in East Brunswick. Just let me know the time and place.

If we still leave NYC @ 8am:

I can meet you on Route 18, NJ Turnpike Exit 9 entrance, Cranbury Road (Probably Best from 130), or Exit 8A entrance on the turnpike. Either one works for me. 7am is probably best to meet.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this event is under 2 weeks away. we need to set up some times and spots to meet. any suggestions CITY? ill be there!!!my trip to jamaica got cancelled!! yeppy......its viper time

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this event is under 2 weeks away. we need to set up some times and spots to meet. any suggestions CITY? ill be there!!!my trip to jamaica got cancelled!! yeppy......its viper time

EXCELLENT!!! Great news...fer us. LOL

I think the best drive is straight up the Taconic. If anyone thinks otherwise, please chime in.

Soooo....

8:00 NYC 34th & 1st
8:30 NYS Thruway 1st Rest Stop (Yonkers)
9:15? How about that closed gas station on the Taconic where we stopped on the (wrong) way to Andrew's Pizza Place?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
isnt it faster up 95 and 91 ? ?
I doubt it Plum. Jiminy is just over the border from NY in the westernmost part of MA. 91 cuts through the middle of the state and is best for getting further north to the major ski areas of VT. We'd be travelling an extra 25 miles east to get to 91 and then back west again.

The thruway would be the only reasonable alternative, but I think the Taconic is the most direct. It's also the best "driving road". Up to you all.

When I get to my office, I'll work on the exact times and locations.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think thruway is best. we could have meeting spots just like we did last year for woodstock. i think we could pick up the taconic at around exit 17 on the thruway. meeting spots on thruway are exit 6 and 15 i think. i have to look.

LAST YEARS THRUWAY MEETING SPOTS. those two meeting spots are 30 mins away from each other.

<<<<EXIT 6 on the NYS Thruway or 87N at the Ardsley Rest Stop. This Stop is about 15 Miles North of the GW Bridge for guys coming over the GW bridge or from Cross County Parkway Areas.

20 milies North to the next Rest Area which is SLOATSBURG after exit 15A on NYS Thruway or 87. That Rest Stop is great for anyone coming from the Garden State PKWY, PALISADES PKWY or the TACONIC PKWY's.>>>>

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taconic please. Windy roads and no tolls. What more can you ask for? The last drive to that ostrich diner was a blast.

And oh yeah, I'm in + none.

City, can I use those 6 tickets on the climbing wall?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really care either way. The Thruway will probably add a half hour onto the drive since it's on the wrong side of the Hudson River from where we want to go, but it IS easier for folks to meet up. If we decide on the Thruway, I'd rather not cut it up TOO much. Better to pick 1 stop, say the Sloatsburg Rest Area and have everyone meet there. If we stop too many times, it really get irritating.

Here's some details:

From Sloatburg Rest Area:
Thruway north to Exit 17 Rte 84 East
16 miles to Exit 16 North - Taconic State Parkway

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful of Super Troopers...remember "Best time is achieved by least amount of police interference" lets get out on NY as soon as possible........and for little Tony's sake "I hear Tony is wanted in NY "

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful of Super Troopers...remember "Best time is achieved by least amount of police interference" lets get out on NY as soon as possible........and for little Tony's sake "I hear Tony is wanted in NY "
Steve, are you suggesting that we not take the Thruway for the first 65 miles?

D & I are figuring it may be the best way to get everyone together on the way up. Much tougher to find an easy spot to meet on the Taconic...especially for those coming from further west.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW,

Where are we cruising to?

Keith,

7AM is fine off Exit 9

Okay if we are doing the NJ Turnpike how about I meet you at the exit 11 rest area at say 7:15am?

We will then cruise into NYC, 34th and 1st via the Lincoln Tunnel.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, are you suggesting that we not take the Thruway for the first 65 miles?
I think he's suggesting we drive fast :D or the stragglers will be reported by the citizen police.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in if lambos are still acceptable..

4718tators17-med.jpg

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are always welcome and great to hang with you..you know that!!this time around you are not doing the leading. we went on a detour last time we listened to you.BTW you still owe us a $4 toll

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are always welcome and great to hang with you..you know that!!this time around you are not doing the leading. we went on a detour last time we listened to you.BTW you still owe us a $4 toll

Come on now D you know I cant resist the Tappanzee bridge! :cool:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam it would not be the same without you and the lambo. Glad to hear you're taking the drive. :headbang: Adrian

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam's coming along? I figure he's good for at least 1 speeding citation at the right at the entrance to the mountain in front of the local police woman! LOL

Welcome Adam!

OK, so here's a schedule we can work from:

8:00 AM - NYC (34 & 1)
8:30 AM - Ardsley Rest Area NYS Thruway (past exit 6A - milepost 6)
9:00 AM - Sloatsburg Rest Area (past exit 15A - milepost 33)
Then From Sloatburg Rest Area:
Thruway north to Exit 17 (Rte 84 East)
16 miles to Exit 16 North - onto the Taconic State Parkway
Maybe CT and NE folks can meet us somewhere (safe) on the shoulder of the Taconic just north of that entrance ramp leading from Rte 84 onto the Taconic? Figure 10:00 AM.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another detail that got me in some hot water on our Hamptons trip.....
<font color="blue"> </pre><hr /> MEMBER PRICE IS $30 PP INCLUDING TAX AND TIP!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve + 1
Plum + 1
MDB + 1
BINBIT + 1
City + 1
Dimitrios + 1