Z06 - Woodard Dream Cruise "classic"

R

RTED

Z06 - Woodard Dream Cruise \"classic\"

Cruising in the Woodward Dream Cruise Thursday night following our Viper Club Party at Bennigans. Traffic was at a crawl and a new Z06 pulls into the lane next me to me. He looks over smilng and revs his engine.....couldn't hardly hear it over the crowd. I revved mine back at him (borla headers, high flow cats, borla 3" mufflers side exhaust). A big smile comes over his and his buddies face and the driver looks at me and says "ya, ya, ya...........I know, I know" and gives me the big thumbs up! CLASSIC!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Z06 - Woodard Dream Cruise

he must have been stock 'cause my GTS (corsas) is much quieter than my modded Z06

yeh had to be a C5

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There were 06 Z06's out and about today. No, none tried me. However a Ford GT tried (for a very short distance). Funny, from 40ish he did not even spin his tires. None the less I showed him I could smoke my tires at any speed he desired to start at! Course I did have him at a significant horsepower deficit.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I saw three different 06 Z06's today. All three were copper color (which I despise but have to admit the car looks pretty good). I toyed with one of them but nothing serious as it was way too crowded to try anything more.

Also saw a Ferrari Enzo, several Ferrari F430's, Lomborghini, Noble M12 and way too many 05 Mustangs and Vettes.

The local news just said that they estimate that there were about 1.3 million spectators and upwards of 60,000 cars out there today. It is definitely something everyone needs to experience to appreciate.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it just me or does anyone else think that SIXTY THOUSAND cars is just insane? I don't want to be around 60,000 people, but 60,000 cars! And 1.3 million people to boot. My goodness! I've been to Daytona for bike week and that's nuts. 500,000 people and bikes, but that's spread over the whole area. I just can't imagine this. Did anyone take pictures for heavan sakes?

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We have a Z06 on order and have not received any information as to when it will be arriving. There have not been any road tests available yet, also. Are you sure they were 06 - Z06's or were they earlier editions? Also, when we ordered the car last October copper was not available. BTW, we have heard about awful electrical problems with the 2005 Corvette's, which is making us think about cancelling the order. Have you heard anything about this?

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, there are a number of Captured Test Fleet (Pre-production) vehicles (Z06's, HHR's, Solstice, etc.) running around the Detroit area on any given day. Not surprising that there were a bunch that did the cruise.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's a pic of one of the Z06's at this year's Dream Cruise:

6594PICT0186-med.JPG

And here's of the of the FordGT's:

6594Fordgt.jpg

Earl's right, we've been playing with these cars all Summer long! :headbang: :headbang:

By the way, Batboy, that's 60,000 hot rods, customs, exotics, etc. That doesn't count the regular cars that are cruising around looking at them!! :eek: Check out my other posts on Woodward in the last week.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Milksnake - No surprise. We are here in Motor City. If you keep your eyes open you see many pre-production cars around.

Also, the Dream Cruise is on about a 15 mile long section of Woodward Avenue (4 lanes in each direction), so it is indeed spread out quite a bit. Took us well over an hour to traverse the distance in one direction at the height of the day. But many of the cars (I would say 80+%) are parked at any given point in time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave