Engine Light

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just recently, the Engine Light has been coming on on my 94 RT/10. Not the Check Engine light, the big light with the picture of the engine. According to my shop manual, this is either excessive temperature or inadequate oil pressure. No codes are being thrown, and my temperature and oil pressure guages are showing normal operation, car runs fine and no odd sounds or smells. The light comes on intermittantly, some days it doesn't come on at all, usually comes on when the temp gets up to just over half on the gauge. I suspect a bad temp sensor for the idiot light, but my shop manual doesn't show me where this sensor is. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are three sensors for the coolant.

The warning light, which is what I think you have a problem with, uses a one-wire switch sensor located at the number 1 cylinder, just above and right of the exhaust port.

The temp gauge on the dash and temp gauge for the PCM are on the thermostat housing at the back of the engine. Sitting in the car, the gauge sensor is on the left, the PCM sensor on the right.

Look at page 8W-19 of the 94 service manual, view in direction J and B.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang