Questions from a new '03 owner...................

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Questions from a new \'03 owner...................

Just traded my '94 for an '03. The improvements in creature comforts are very evident............windows, door handles, water tight, etc.

Sadly, I noticed acid rain stains when I got the car in my garage under florescent lights.

I've never had any luck removing these on my earlier cars, but I was hoping that someone on this board had some information on a newer method which is effective in removing these unsightly marks.

Thanks in advance.............

Don

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Questions from a new \'03 owner...................

Hey Don,
Congrats on the new car! I would start with clay barring the car first, if it's just light, this may work. If it needs more attention, go to a polishing compound. Sorry I missed the GA event, they made me work :( :(

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I too was thinking clay bar, its pretty incredible what they can do. Mix a small cap of zaino car wash or something comparible with about 12oz of water in a spray bottle. spray a section (first try an area not easily seen) and lightly apply the clay bar over it. Then wipe it off, you should notice night and day difference in the feel of the finish as well as the shine. They follow 99 R/T 10 instructions for polishing compound.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Yep,

First wash with a high quality wash. I use Griots but many others are good. Make sure the car is in the shade.

Clay bar with something like speed shine as a lubricant. Do a section at a time. Don't let the lubricant dry, whatever you use. Wipe with a yellow microfiber towel. You will use 4 to 6, depending on the finish you start with.

Polish with a random orbital. Very easy to use with little experience. Start with a mild polish. I use Griots #3. You can go to #2 or even #1 if necessary (pretty strong stuff).

Finish up with a good wax. I use Griots Best of Show. Works quite well and has Carnuba and some "fillers" to help the not so perfect finishes of a 3+ year old car.

Good luck.

Dan

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Clay bar it and if it doesn't work, bring it to a professional detailer. You can really ruin it if you don't know what to do. It's just not worth it to save a couple hundred dollars's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper