Proud New Owner

Dixie Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a 3 week old owner of a beautiful black SRT10, I have two concerns, 1) how do you keep from scratching the door sill when you get in and out? 2) also, much to my amazement, no spare tire, what do you do if you get a flat out in the middle of "you know where" which is more than 50 miles away from anything? :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as scratching the door sills, I usually slide my chair back upon exit which makes entering easier. I also purchased the stainless door sills for extra protection.

The tires are runflats which will get you where you need to go even when flat.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as scratching the door sills, I usually slide my chair back upon exit which makes entering easier. I also purchased the stainless door sills for extra protection.

Hey Thomas,

Are the door sills from Mopar? Do they have the Fangs emblem?

Thanks,
Art

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fangs. Just the words "Viper". They are from Mopar and interesting enough made in Germany. I got mine from Chuck Tator at a discount.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the clear protection film over the sills and it works great and when I or a guest accidentally scrapes the film entering or leaving the car I take plastic polish and rub it right out. so far so good.

eagles

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have put 3M Clearbra over my entire Rockers and Sills, you can't see it at all and it solves all the problems with rock chips from the tires and in and out of the car scratches all in one shot it works great.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eagles and ViperRick --

I am planning on applying a clearbra-type material on the inside door sills and the outer sills surrounding the exhaust system. Have either of you had problems wih the clearbra material yellowing, bubbling or peeling due to the high temps in that area? Thanks!

/Rich

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Problems whatsoever I love the stuff. It will help you be more relaxed with your car if you are really picky like I am. You won't worry as much about damage.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
VipeRick: No problems? I'm surprised, as the glue will surely dry out very fast with the amount of heat generated.

I would suggest that the clearbra may not be the correct solution on doorsills. They DO tend to get VERY hot in certain circumstances, and plastic and heat don't mix.

I would stick to the door sill protection that our aftermarket vendors (and Mopar) offer.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph --

The clearbra material that I plan on having applied is called VentureShield. The manufacturer states that it has a temperature threshold of 212 degrees F.I have asked before on this forum whether someone could use a temperature probe (like one of those infrared probes that Snap On makes) and just measure how hot the side sills get after reaching normal operating temperature. I did not really get much of a response. The company that will be applying the VentureShield contacted the manufacturer which responded that the material should be fine as long as it is not applied within 1 foot of the exhaust tips. This struck me as strage since in theory the exhaust tips should be cooler than higher up in the exhaust pipe near the exhaust manifolds.

Barring that, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a poll like I have seen on other car-related sites to ask those who have applied a clearbra on the side sills whether they have seen any problems? Based on reviewing past posts people either report no problems or a slight yellowing of the material that is more evident on lighter colored cars.

How do I create a poll or is this feature not supported on this website's software? Thanks!

/Rich

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3M Clearbra on the side sills; no problems so far, 5000 miles later. However, my car is yellow, so any yellowing would be difficult to spot. The Mopar door sill inserts (or whatever they call them) are pretty nice.