CAAP

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have they haulted allowing cameras in the plant? Why dont they allow any more tours? It also seems as though it has become more secretive than ever. Nobody knows who works there, official affiliants of the Viper (designers, assemblers, CAAP Plant manager, etc.) never post on the board and are not VCA members (I think). I dont get it. I know they are always lurking, and reading this post. Are they not alloud to interact with us?

Reaction score
Your post is Incorrect! :rolleyes:

We(approx. 20 most from N.Calif.)were on a tour the end of Aug. Cameras are not allowed in many facilities, however at CAAP some(responsible and respectful of security)are allowed with cameras. :D

Nobody knows who works there? Not only did we meet the plant management and some workers, we had dinner with the senior management. :2tu:

To be a VCA member you must own a Viper, some of the management, like Charlie B., have been VCA members for many years. :headbang:

The Viper management(under Lutz to the present) has never posted on site which is a company policy and is very logical. :)

Considering the security changes after 9/11 access in outstanding! :2tu:

We also went to the Saleen Plant that builds the Ford GT (less motor) and NO cameras we allowed in the assembly area.

The Viper Club has an excellent relationship with SRT and CAAP. :2tu:

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred, did they allow you to take photos at CAAP. We were just there on Monday and weren't allowed (I guess were not responsible enough).

But we also went to Saleen but were allowed photos everywhere. I got the impression we weren't supposed to, since the employees were looking at us funny. So out of respect for that I haven't posted any of the pictures except for the ones from the show room.

Brad

Reaction score
Hi Brad,

Photos by Maurice were allowed with specific restrictions. During our visit the Coupe engineering cars / pre-production vehicles were on the line. Many DC/SRT/CAAP management have known Maurice for many years and he has earned their trust and respect.

We were not allowed to take pictures at the Saleen plant except for the Lobby/Display area.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper management(under Lutz to the present) has never posted on site which is a company policy and is very logical. :)

No company policy and you are wrong about no posting by Team Viper/PVO/SRT members. Just absolutely no internal information to be diseminated (just like other forms of communication - verbal, written, etc.).

Reaction score
Hi Ron,

Perhaps you are right? Post regarding the CC have been made by their management. I did not include the racing program as they is some communication. I do remember one of the non-management guys posting a year or two back. I do not remember if it was at CAAP or SRT but we were told they do not allow the management/engineers to post here. Forget who told our group that posting was against the company policy but obviously this person did not understand the company policy, based on Ron's comments above. :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron is absolutely correct. There are a few folks from CAAP and SRT that have posted here, you just don't know it. They are NOT allowed to provide internal information (that which is not public knowledge), but sometimes you get some very educated commentary on mechanical issues, etc. I think that even a past plant manager has been known to post here every rare once in a while. They cannot offer "official" commentary or advice as it could compromise a number of things. Read VIPER magazine and you will see that even the "advice" of Herb Helbig & Company is pretty vanilla stuff you can usually read in your owner's manual.

Also realize that if that person were to "admit" to being an SRT employee that they would suddenly get more e-mails than you could imagine. And every single thing they posted would be taken as gospel, even if it was wrong. Say if the guy (or gal) that installs the windshields posts that they use Pennzoil in their car. People would suddenly be questioning Mobil 1 - even though the person probably wasn't even talking about Vipers and may not know what goes into one anyway. Each person at CAAP specializes in certain things. Yet if one were to post as such, we would be inundating them with a barrage of questions that would never end.

Rest assured that folks from DC are VERY aware of the comments made on these and other Viper forums. And that is not always a good thing. I have never in my life encountered a manufacturer that gives so much back to it's customers, yet gets so much crap (often in the form of insults). While the SRT design wasn't as well received as many would like (nor is the now perceived lack of horsepower), Dodge is acutely aware of all of these things. I am confident that they continue to help us in every legal way possible. And that is more than you can say for any other manufacturer.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and you can't bring any electronics (such as cameras) or anything else for the Corvette plant tour either:

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/tour_information.html

But you WILL pay $5.00 per person to "Observe as robots weld the steel structure and our dedicated workforce adds parts in Trim and Chassis." :rolleyes:

Rest assured that the CAAP tour is vastly superior in every way.

Reaction score
To answer the original poster question employees are not allowed to post as a DC representatives but can post as an anonymously on their own as long as they do not get caught. During our tours we were told they read the message board posts but are not to post. Perhaps they did not mean what they told us? Do people always follow their company policies? Are there exceptions?

They are committed to give the Viper Nation the best sports car possible. Keeping Viper as "King of The Hill" is still a major goal of SRT.

After visiting CAAP and other plants, my belief that the Viper is the best Sports Car in the world was reinforced. It is hand assembled with build quality and customer satisfaction as their goal. We have great cars from a great group of management and assembly floor workers.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son's 16th birthday is coming up soon. Does anyone know for sure if he would be able to tour the plant with me? Was thinkng it might be a nice B'day present for him.