Window switch question. Can it be modded to RAISE the window with one touc

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

Yes, the stock electric window switch automatically LOWERS the window with one push; we also know it lowers the window to whatever level we want by gently pushing the switch and holding it.

I would really like the switch to be able to RAISE the window with one touch. I find I am usually driving (in motion) when I want to raise the window, and I'd rather keep my hands on the wheel. I find I usually lower the window when I am stopped (raise/lower the top, or talk to somebody).

Anyway, is there a switch available that will both raise and lower the window (windows) with one touch and allow for the increments in-between?

And NO, I don't want a Vette. Just saying this before the usual suspects start replying with their ********. Sorry, rant over.

Jim W. "Cornsnake"

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine that the whole power window mechanism and controller would have to change. They require a stop or reversing mechanism for safety reasons if the window detects an obstruction. Maybe there is a close match from an existing DC car that would drop in with little mods, but I would be doubtful. I would guess there is no cheap mod for this.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '04 Navigator is the first vehicle I've had with one-touch UP (as well as down). I agree with Cornsnake, its useful and I've always wondered why I never saw it before.

A quick Google search shows that it is much more than just the switch.

Power Windows

Ron

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks all!

it's nice to see some usefull, honest answers on this Gen III Forum. I don't post much any more because of the stupid, sarcastic remarks that usually follow an honest question.

Honestly, this is a good and usefull question. In a security emergency, I want to put that window of choice UP as fast as I can. Of course, if I am sinkink in a pond, I imagine i want it to go down quickly when the time is right.

Sorry for "spitting my Venom", but the bling -bling anti everything SRT crowd and their desire for only a Viper that looks good drives me crazy. Remember; the Vette looks like a Viper... not vice-versa.

By the way, the new coupe's looks are awesome!

This window switch thing is a usefull question in everyday Viper-driving life. ESPECIALLY... if you DRIVE your Viper!

Thanks,

Jim W.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be cool is a remote door opener. Since the Viper door mechanism is electric, I am sure it would be quite simple.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the lack of a "one touch" UP button a safety feature? Kid or dog could get wacked with one touch of the button.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 300C, it has one touch up AND down. Don't know about the Charger or Magnum. If I really wanted to swap the switch I would be on the phone to the Wizard, Chuck Tator for his advice.

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Window switch question. Can it be modded to RAISE the window with one

Yes...most alarm / sterio shops can do it for you. You can even have the windows automatically go up when you push the lock remote. I had a toggle switch to turn that option off when the top was down on one of my cars and loved it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave