Proud owner of a new 02 FE

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes ladies and gentlemen..Proud owner of a new 02 FE. How do I post pics?

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Marcus on the purchase...
As far as posting pics. Use the image option under the Instant UBB code, select it and then paste or type the URL from where the pictures are coming from. You can also post pics in your own gallery and then paste the path of the URL into the Explorer script prompt..

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am picking her up in the next few days

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sweet! And its "new", in every sense of the word!

Watch the curbs, the rear end is wider than the front end. Watch for dips, don't scratch that nose!
Keep your p.s. cap tight.
Don't put too much weight on the center arm rest, they can crack.
Don't use anything harsh, caustic, or abrasive on the headlight covers. I wouldn't even use Windex. Instead, try Plexus, or a plastic conditioner.

Do drive it.
Do have fun.
Do smile a lot.

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn.....should I even wash the car? Is the paint and lights that sensetive?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Damn.....should I even wash the car? Is the paint and lights that sensetive?

I've seen lots of Vipers with faded headlight covers, fogged up, scratched up, hazy, yellowed, and generally ugly. I have to wonder what the owners did to the plastic lenses to trash them so badly, so early. I mean, my car is the same age as some others I see with crapped up headlights, so why do mine look near perfect after over 4 years, while some others look so bad? Not everyone's are trashed, of course, but there are a few out there that obviously died an early death. I'm not patting myself on the back, I'm just saying there might be a reason for their premature demise. Like, maybe some people use wax, or windex on their headlight covers, I really don't know what "kills" them.

All I really do know, is that I have been using Plexus on mine since the car was new, and the headlight lenses are clear and shiney, almost like they were new, except for a little unavoidable pummeling from road debris. I heard that new headlight assemblies are a few hundred each, but thats just what I heard. In any case, its an important enough issue to bring up now, while yours are still clean and clear. I just figured that it might help you to alert you to this, before hand. If someone had alerted certain things to me before I got mine, it would have saved me some trouble. I wasn't trying to alarm you, just help.

Vic (Plexus distributor) (ha hah, no not really!)

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a clean car freak. Mine has to be clean before it leaves the garage....I will make sure it is tip top clean shape and I will make sure I dont scratch anything up.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Uh, ok. Clean or dirty isn't my point, only avoiding unnecessary damage.

Lets start over, k?
Hey, Marcus, that FE looks sharp!!! :2tu:

I'm out-

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, ok. Clean or dirty isn't my point, only avoiding unnecessary damage.

Lets start over, k?
Hey, Marcus, that FE looks sharp!!! :2tu:

I'm out-

I'm just messing with ya :headbang:

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2001 Bumblebee has been washed only once! Let me elaborate. When I was leaving CAAP with the GTS, the car groomer advised that I clean the car with a spray bottle which had a mixture of 1/3 Ethyl or Isopropyl alcohol and 2/3 distilled water. He also advised obtaining a California Duster for quick touch ups. Within 5 miles of leaving the factory, I got into a torrential rain. By the time I got back to Grand Rapids (170 miles) you know what the car looked like. I washed it with water that one time only. Since then, it has about 25 coats of wax (not Zaino) and has been washed with the spray bottle, soft cloth and loving care. The finish looks as good as the day it left the factory. No swirl patterns whatsoever. The rest of the time, I just dust it.

I plan to do the same on the 06 coupe as well.

Just my .02 for what it's worth! (BTW, it's no garage queen, either!)

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2001 Bumblebee has been washed only once! Let me elaborate. When I was leaving CAAP with the GTS, the car groomer advised that I clean the car with a spray bottle which had a mixture of 1/3 Ethyl or Isopropyl alcohol and 2/3 distilled water. He also advised obtaining a California Duster for quick touch ups. Within 5 miles of leaving the factory, I got into a torrential rain. By the time I got back to Grand Rapids (170 miles) you know what the car looked like. I washed it with water that one time only. Since then, it has about 25 coats of wax (not Zaino) and has been washed with the spray bottle, soft cloth and loving care. The finish looks as good as the day it left the factory. No swirl patterns whatsoever. The rest of the time, I just dust it.

(BTW, it's no garage queen, either!)

I am literally at a complete loss for words, other than what I just typed.

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
feels good to own a car like this...cant wait to drive her home.

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what type of wax should i use for my new viper, or should i take it to the detail shop, i love taking care of my cars in detail but what ever is best for the snake. Let me know, thanks alot.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent 3 months correcting what a "professional detail" shop did. Nobody takes care of your car like you will. Order the Zaino and get it over with....

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wash with 2 bucket method and plenty of water. If you can spring for a www.crspotless.com system I have heard nothing but good about them and they say you don't even need to dry the car if you rinse it with the cr water. I Use a 220mph Tora Elec blower to dry mine and then hit any drops left over with a waffle weave towel from www.pakshak.com. I also use Zaino Z2 Pro/Z8 as my LSP and have found nothing that looks better and have tried them all. I am not really into red cars but I LOVE the FE's and it is probably the only red car I could own, I especially love the red stitching. I used to drive past one everyday at our local Dodge dealer and drool over it until one Xmas eve I noticed it was gone. I was praying that the wife picked it up for me and it would be sitting in my driveway when I got home but it wasn't. Good luck with it Marcus.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two bucket system? Please elaborate! I need to buy another bucket? :eek:
1 bucket for your paint and 1 bucket for your tires and wheels. A grit guard for the bottom of your bucket is not a bad idea either, it allows the grit to settle on the bottom of your bucket away from your wash mitt where if it gets on it could scratch your paint. I would also definetly use Zaino. It is a hobby of mine to try every product that is on the market and I have yet to find one that comes close to Zaino in both looks and durability. Z is also super easy to apply/remove. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.