GEN I Exhaust Upgrade

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, whats the best exhaust upgrade for a Gen I (side Exhaust)? I saw a borla kit.....something that will match the K&N Intake....niceeeee........love that back pressure!!!

Thanks,

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a simple question. Different people can tolerate more noise than others. It gets loud real fast!

High Flow Cats, Resonators or Racing Mufflers (Glass Packs). Headers, not needed IMHO.

Your limited to what fits inside of the side sills.

Better buy some earplugs because you will loose some hearing if you don't.

R

RTED

Go with the HF cats and 3" borla mufflers from Roe Racing it was just what the doctor ordered. Sean has the complete system all welded up and ready to go. However, after adding my Borla headers a year later, the noise was louder than I liked. If it is too loud for you, you can stick a Dynamax Vortex Cone (Jegs.com) in the end of the header collector or end of the muffler just before the turnout to quite it down. You will need to order one for each side...about $60 each. I called Sean at Roe Racing and asked him about the Dynamax cones. He indicated that he put them on his car and was happy with the results. I purchased them and installed them at the end of the muffeler......He was right!! :usa:

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! Thanks so much, How do I get in touch with Sean @ Roe Racing? I am pretty new to this Viper stuff...
Thanks AGAIN!