Extra! Extra 85 Year old Grandma Drives New Viper Coupe

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes my fellow Viperman we finally have an admission from all of the Car magazines that the one behind the wheel of the new 2006 Viper Coupe was none other than Grandma Gertrude. Although they feel that the times she posted were accurate, they will make sure by letting her try again next month after she gets a new RIGHT hip replacement and RIGHT Elbow. Not making any excuses for her performance on the track, they did however state that they will stand by their numbers on the Viper Coupe despite the fact that Grandma Gertrude was in REVERSE when they timed her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is what are these magazine people smoking, posting the ridiculous
numbers they have been feeding all of the Viper owners that are whining over
the new Vipers performance and its comparison to the Z06. I'm trying to make a point in case you didn't NOTICE.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is what are these magazine people smoking, posting the ridiculous
numbers they have been feeding all of the Viper owners that are whining over
the new Vipers performance and its comparison to the Z06. I'm trying to make a point in case you didn't NOTICE.

What's funny is that the slow times for the coupe (while they are slow) are having people cry foul while the Fast times several DIFFERENT magazines that has made mid 11second passes in the Z06 have the same people screaming BS.

Gotta love it :D

Here's an idea, let's wait until both cars and ran head to head and then a real debate can begin.

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor Trend June 2003 - Viper Numbers

0-60 3.94

Standing Quarter Mile 11.77 @ 123.03 mph

Braking 60-0 97 feet New World Record for a production Car

Braking 100-0 274 feet Beating the old record of 294 by Corvette

We will see Head To Head

By the way I can do this with my top down in my SRT 10. Can the Z06 ?

By the way I also own a Vette and love it, But it ain't no Viper either in Looks or Performance

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
skid pad 1.05

also the viper has the 2nd best time on the Motortrends figure 8 (carerra GT #1).

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
skid pad 1.05

also the viper has the 2nd best time on the Motortrends figure 8 (carerra GT #1).

The Z06 pulled a 1.16g, there is MUCH more to handling than skid pad numbers.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way I can do this with my top down in my SRT 10. Can the Z06 ?

That means nothing other than you have more body flex and chassis flex.

While I'm a convertible LOVER, there is no denying a coupe is better all around car on the track.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
skid pad 1.05

The Z06 pulled a 1.16g, there is MUCH more to handling than skid pad numbers.

skidpad is more grip than handling. and 1.05 is the AVERAGE, the 1.16g is the most for the vet

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, every performance car ever made is a hardtop. Not! Start goiing through race cars starting with F1 and indicate open or enclosed. those F1 cars sure flex a lot due to no roof.

Note also the SRT-10 has less chassis flex than a GTS. If the SRT-10 is bad what does that mean about the GTS?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth