I need a good place to repair wheels or some stock 96' RT yellow wheels

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a good place to repair wheels or some stock 96\' RT yellow wheels

While out cruising last night, I came up to a redlight and somehow ended up getting right beside the curb. When the light changed and I took off, and curbed the #$%^ out of both my passenger side wheels. After stopping to make sure the tires werent cut any, I preceded to mumble profanities but even that didnt help fix my wheels. Is there a good, reasonably priced place in or near GA that repairs curbed wheels? If not, where else would you guys recommend sending them? I dont want to ride around on curbed wheels, but I also dont want to go and have to buy a new set (stock or aftermarket). If anyone has the yellow stock wheels lying around and wants to sell them, please let me know. TIA

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I need a good place to repair wheels or some stock 96\' RT yellow wheels

Chad,
sorry to hear about the wheels. You must have hit hard to go past the edging onto the paint. Mine have a few nicks which I have touched up. However I used a "best match" paint to do this, as I cannot seem to find what is actually the correct color. This works on the small stuff.
I think you would be pretty lucky to find a set laying around.
I have heard you can get them powdercoated, not sure who does this though.
Someone on this board must know
a) the correct color
b) where to get them repowdered

Maybe that would be an option for you.
Hope this helps. Keep smiling, it can be fixed.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not the paint that was damaged. It was the outer chrome lip that got chewed up. One of the wheels do have the powdercoating chipped in a small spot, but nothing as bad as how the chrome lip looks now on the passenger side wheels. I know it was very few McVipers made, but since most people opt for new wheels, I'm hoping someone has a set lying around in their garage. I'm gonna call a couple places tomorrow and inquire about the cost to repair these.

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If someone knows about the correct color code, I'm intersted too!