Official member of the CA speeding ticket party

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,Yeah, Yeah the B/W finally got me nabbed. I figured it would happen someday. Now here is the Deal, the ticket was going North on the 5 freeway right outside of downtown around Little Italy.

The CHP who was nowhere even close to me and came up from behind at a fast pace said I was going 86 mph. We all know that the left lane averages 80 and I was'nt going that much over that limit. But with my car I knew he was coming after me. But he was at least nice.

I have not had a ticket in nearly 9 years. What I wonder is how many points will 21 mph be over the 65 mph limit. I figure 2? I know I probably should just pay the fine and go to traffic school. But my concern is this violation stay on the police record if they decide to follow me and lookup my plates. I do not want the risk of beginning to be profiled if you follow me.

This *****, but I have not had a ticket in many years.... it happens when you own one of these bad boys.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I wonder is how many points will 21 mph be over the 65 mph limit. I figure 2? I know I probably should just pay the fine and go to traffic school. But my concern is this violation stay on the police record if they decide to follow me and lookup my plates. I do not want the risk of beginning to be profiled if you follow me.

This applies only for California.

A speeding conviction will get you 1 point and will stay on your driving record for 3 years from the date of violation. Violations like DUI, Reckless Driving or Hit and Run will get you 2 points and will stay on your record for 7 years from the violation date.

Unless the Officer fails to appear in court, your chances of beating the ticket are slim to none. Your best chance of keeping this off your record is to go to traffic school. A lot of jurisdictions have traffic school courses you can take on-line then show up in person to take a written test. Check with the traffic court in your area.

Your driving record is attached to your driver license and not your car license plate. Running your plate will only get registration information. So ramdomly running your license plate won't give the officer your driver information. Now if the officer runs the registered owner of the car then he would get the driving record.

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got one for 85 in a 65 (almost 30 years to the day since my last one), paid the fine and did traffic school.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 - Get an extension (you can log onto the website on your ticket and get one 60-day extension easily)

2 - Go to court, if your friendly officer is there, plead guilty, say your sorry, ask the Judge for a reduction in the fine since this is your first ticket in years, and take traffic school. Otherwise not guilty and youre done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235