Race Ramps- Do these really work as advertised?

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race Ramps

You must be registered for see images

Does anyone know if these ramps really do work as advertised? Does anyone have a pair for their viper and if so does the front fascia make contact on the ramp during approach?

This might be the solution for my space limited garage...

Regards,

Dave 01 RT/10 :usa:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that these work. I simply used 2x4's and made a 3 tier step to bring my ride up.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The company that makes these is in this area. I saw them at a car show here this past summer and they look to be a good product. They guarantee the fascia will not touch. You could save a little money by buying from them direct at:

Race Ramps

We told them they needed to get a little ramp for the back to come up so the car would be leveled off for oil changes. They said they had some more products in development which might include such a thing.

Steve

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a viper with Eibachs?

I would contact the link I posted directly. They are a small company with a very good idea. I think they make them right there and may alter a mold to accommodate a lowered car if necessary. They seemed very willing to make whatever was necessary.

Steve

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regular ramps work real good on a Viper. I jack up the car and then slide them underneath.

After seeing 2 people drive off the end of the ramps and messing up their fenders I would not drive up on them even if I could.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regular ramps work real good on a Viper. I jack up the car and then slide them underneath.

After seeing 2 people drive off the end of the ramps and messing up their fenders I would not drive up on them even if I could.

What's the point of ramps, if you have to jack the car up??? Might as well use jackstands (what I do).

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To use the jackstands you have to stick them under the frame which is quite a stretch. The ramps are way easier to slide under the wheels. Plus I already have the ramps.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To use the jackstands you have to stick them under the frame which is quite a stretch. The ramps are way easier to slide under the wheels. Plus I already have the ramps.

Quite a stretch? It's like an extra couple inches...

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good use for the ramps is changing the oil, transmission fluid, and they were really handy when I took the transmission out. Plus they don't leave scrathes on the frame.

Quite a stretch? It's like an extra couple inches...
I guess I find it easier with the ramps. You don't even have to bend down. Lift the car and then slide them in place with your foot. :2tu:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just getting ready to spend about $1,600.00 on a quick lift so that I can do my own oil changes and so on,(my garage is not large enough for a kick asp 4 post lift) so if these Race Ramps work like they say,then the $299.00 is a deal. my .02

Rick

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw these at the Carlise fairgrounds. I asked the manufacturer if they would scrape the front of the viper if I used their standard model. He indicated that they just touch a little bit as the car goes up. He also said that they can make custom sizes. I was going to look into getting these made a few inches longer to cut down on the incline but I never got around to it. It looks like they also just introduced a 67" extended model that probably works without any issue on the viper. Maybe we can get a group buy to bring down the price.

Bandit400

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus they don't leave scrathes on the frame.

I just got some carpet samples and cut little square pieces out of them, place them in between the jack stand and the frame. Viola! No scratching.

Mark

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you change your brakes or tires with ramps?
I use jack stands also :D
Like he said. Don't waste your money. Buy the Hrabor Freight $80 jack and $15 jack stands from Sears. Your car is on jack stands in under 2 minutes. And you don't have to worry about scratches or slipping.

OP
OP

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the price a little ridiculous for adding another foot.

In addition to being longer, the XT'a have slightly less angle on approach. They are also wider 14" as opposed to 12" and the height is raised from 8" to 10"

BTW-I am looking into a Group Purchase on these for those interested. Will post details when available...

-Dave 01 RT/10 :usa:

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I did with Rhino Ramps, and for A LOT less money. And I can remove the extensions once the car is on the ramp and access the undercarriage from the side. Looks like I’m a little off-center.

7177IMGP1129-med.JPG

Here is the thread where I got the idea (thanks to KenH), which contains another picture of DIY extended Rhino Ramps.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=393981&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Rhino%20Ramps&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts&Main=393981&Search=true#Post393981

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the price a little ridiculous for adding another foot.

In addition to being longer, the XT'a have slightly less angle on approach. They are also wider 14" as opposed to 12" and the height is raised from 8" to 10"

BTW-I am looking into a Group Purchase on these for those interested. Will post details when available...

-Dave 01 RT/10 :usa:

How quick could a group buy be put together? If quickly, I might do it. My car is being worked on in my garage now on jack stands and I would feel more "comfortable" with the ramps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger