Need a used drivers stanchion cover for 98 GTS

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think thats what its called at least. its the vertical black panel that the drivers side door popper is attached to. I really only need the vertical rubber window gasket but im told they are all one piece.

i need a good used on if ya got it.

PM me here or email me at [email protected]

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy,

Why do you need a new stanchion ?
Did the rubber separate from the plastique ?

Two things: this staff is hard to find and is very expensive.

However if you have an issue with the stanchion's rubber I have a fix for this. Tell me and I will update this post with the required information about the glue and all that staff.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it seems to have blown off and is lost. I assume i can fix it if i had the rubber gasket but i dont...:(

but update it anyways, id be interested.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one i could sell relatively cheap that has all the pieces but needs to be "fixed" because the rubber came loose, but if Shulman has a fix it should be pretty easy, other the stanchion is all in one piece. I dont want to sell just the rubber however because then i have a worthless stanchion.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent $50 on glue before finding the right one.
Once I am at home I will post the pics and all the information required to fix that part.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The glue need to fix these two parts togather is:
Permatex
PermaPoxy
Plastic Weld 5 min Ciment (25ml)

This glue is really strong.
Once the parts are fixed togather, the back of the sanchion needs to be smoothed. I use standard body filler and once everything is smoothed paint the surface. It doesn't need to be professionaly painted since the back surface is not visible. (Unfortunately I don't have picture on this staff). Once the job is done the sanchion looks like new.

7358door-med.JPG

7358cover-med.JPG

7358repaired.JPG

This glue needs to be smoothed with body filler.

B SNAKE 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I re-glued my with only taking off the interior plastic trim & door panel easy. I took a Dremel tool & cleaned both surfaces went to this website~~
www.bindingsource.com
Ordered
(1) 3MDP-100CL $11.54 worklife 5 minutes, handling strength 15-20 minutes cure time 24-48 hours @ 73 degrees F
(1) 3MEPXAPPL $39.75 EPX Applicator for perfect mix

Home depot (4) small plastic clamps worked great looks factory. :cool: :cool:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I re-glued my with only taking off the interior plastic trim & door panel easy. I took a Dremel tool & cleaned both surfaces went to this website~~
www.bindingsource.com
Ordered
(1) 3MDP-100CL $11.54 worklife 5 minutes, handling strength 15-20 minutes cure time 24-48 hours @ 73 degrees F
(1) 3MEPXAPPL $39.75 EPX Applicator for perfect mix

Home depot (4) small plastic clamps worked great looks factory. :cool: :cool:

I tried to search that site for the 2 product codes you provided, and nothing comes up - help?!

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the rubber moulding part of the stanchion cover, or could u order it seperate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth