New Gen 1 Roe numbers, thanks PBJ!!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent the entire day with Joe at PBJ on saturday down in St. Louis, lets just say he knows his stuff! I could not be happier with the tune job that he did on my car. He took the time to ensure that I was happy and the car was perfect. Anyone looking for a super tuner here in the midwest should look him up.

Anyway, the car is a totally stock 94, no cats, 8# roe, water/****. We ended up with 550rwhp and 641rwtq. Joe told me there may still be a bit more in it, but I chose a conservative approach, rather than trying to squeeze that last HP number out of it.

Then came the drive home, no windows, 36-40 degrees outside, and about 85-90mph the entire way. It took several hours to thaw out once I got home. Joe graciously offered to let me stay at his home, but I had things to do early Sunday morning. All in all, I had a blast.

Thanks again Joe, by the way, most of the dust we collected was blown off the car by the time I hit the Illinois border :2tu:

marty

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congatulations Marty! Great numbers for a stock Gen I!
What octane are you running? How many miles on the car?
BTW - always have a jacket (leather works the best IMO), beenie, and gloves stashed in the trunk just in case.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

Thank you. I am running 93 octane, and the car has 21,000 miles. Good advice on the road gear!! I normally don't get caught in 30-40 degree weather.

marty

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty,

Congrats on the added performance! Your car stole the show at the October meeting with the hood up!

I'm definitely looking forward to next year's meetings already!

Cheers,

Jay K.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jipi,

I should have said, other than the s/c and water ****, totally stock!!

Thanks Jay. You can take if for a ride anytime.

IEATVETS,

Joe was highly recommended by a few of the local guys, as well as Sean himself. He eats, drinks, and sleeps this stuff, needless to say, he is good, really good. Him and I discussed some "next steps" for my car over the winter. One day I am going to bite the bullet and get a Gen 2 and have Paolo stuff one of his TT kits on it for some crazy power. I think I can get to 700rwhp and ALOT of torque with what Joe and I discussed, time will tell.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marty,
Thank you for the kind words. I hope all is well and your frostbite is doing OK. Like you said, there was a little left on the table, but there are other ways to make it up. I think come springtime your car will be flying with just a little extra TLC... ;) Keep in touch and thanks again !!!
Joe

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Frostbite is all better, thank you!! Just got back from taking a little highway ride tonight, car is running great. Thanks again for spending so much time with me last weekend. I am thinking of getting a set of Gen 2 exhaust manifolds and putting them on over the winter, just to see if I pick up any gain at all over the Gen 1 manifolds. I am really curious to see if there is a difference. I am guessing maybe 5-8 hp max.

Thanks again Joe, have a good one.

marty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456