Tuning with a Vec 2

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed the vec 2 and have a slightly modified card from Roe based on what I have done to the car. I woluld like to tune the car now. Is this something I can do with logging the car, or do I really need to dyno it?

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plenty of experts to help here, I am not one. You need a method to capture AF ratio to data log effectively. Several choices exist to do that, which someone will chime in with. Most dyno places have the gear to log AF.

Bottom line, without AF you don't stand a chance to tune properly and in most cases I would say you can do more harm than good.

Find a local Viper tuner and let them get it right, learn from them before you "experiment" on your car. I would think your local chapter can help you find that expert.

Good luck.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to my local dyno shop and worked with Sean Roe via email and fax. We sent him the dyno pulls with af and he emailed back new files. Wound up with a perfect tune. Call Sean and see if he will do this for you. He is "Da Man" when it comes to tuning.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is very simple with either an a/f gauge (road test) of on the dyno with an a/f reading. You want to achieve a flat 12.75 a/f curve at wot from 3000-6000. All you have to do is to first (pre dyno)plot the injector pulse widths from 3000 to 6000 rpm. At the dyno as an example, if you are 12.0 (rich)instead of 12.75 at 3500 rpm, that is 6% low. If you had a pulse width of 13 mS, you would merely pull 6%, or .78 mS at 3500 rpm.

The timing is only set after you have achieved the flat a/f curve. The timing requires more care, less advance at peak torque and more advance in the higher rpm's. The a/f changes very little with changes in timing, you have to go by hp and your ear.

good luck

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check around the area for a dyno shop that can measure a/f and then I will probably send that to sean.

Gary

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get two LC-1 unit from innovate and plug them into the VEC2.
You will be able to tune your viper in real time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper