FOR SALE: driver side sill rocker cover COMPLETE in color BLUE

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got a driver side sill with inner heat sheild attached, sill cover is off a 97 GTS, replaced it under warranty with a new one due to small spot of paint bubble, anyone need it? please e-mail or PM us..thanks again

6544new_stuff_007-med.jpg
6544new_stuff_0051-med.jpg
6544new_stuff_0081-med.jpg
6544new_stuff_006-med.jpg

OP
OP
V

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we just got 12 *** on this side sill, so it will not last long....we can ship it in the same day, all packaged up ready to go....thanks again

by the way, NO the heat shield will NOT cause the paint bubbling, but a lots of them has the problem due to alum....thanks

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The corrosion is caused by water held against the inner sill by the early style heat insulation. It's metal on the cat side only, raw water absorbing moisture on the inside. Later shielding (which replacement sills are equipped with) have insulation that is full metal jacketed.

The older style of installation can be "fixed" by using thermotec style metal coated adhesive insulation or any flexible metal sheet for that matter, on the inside to keep the inevitable moisture (car washing, rain) away from the inner sill. That plus a nice high heat paint job on the inside will make the sill last.

p.s. I have a pair of the same color sills that I might part with too.....

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much? Free? I don't see a price :)

Or is it now that you can't post a price on the board?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a set that are painted in blue, but for side exhaust, should be ready to sell in a couple of weeks.
4168car_show_037-med.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave