NY/CT Region Cruise to Alpine Motorsports Club Facility - Nov. 13th

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT Region Cruise to Alpine Motorsports Club Facility

we can meet anywhere but i think NJ might be easiest and where i was gonna meet is real easy to get to and easy to get on to rt80 west.

you tell me `El Presidente
Fine, let's meet in NJ. :2tu: Post the spot and time please.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i can do that when i get home later today.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we can meet anywhere but i think NJ might be easiest and where i was gonna meet is real easy to get to and easy to get on to rt80 west.

you tell me `El Presidente
Fine, let's meet in NJ. :2tu: Post the spot and time please.
Count me in too. How about meeting in Fort Lee, NJ at the Walgreen's right off the GWB. It's perfect for those from Palisades Pkwy as well as NYC. *** and plum probably know the place. We've met there before. And it has a Dunkin Donuts.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What is this a NY meet that does not require going into the city. I'm in! There are also many rest area's on route 80 which are big and not out of the way because it looks like 80 is the best way to go.

To Charlie (stngklr) in the tuperware... Sell that heap already and buy a Viper.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello,
My name is John R. Heywang and I am the guy who has originated this road trip to the Alpine Motorsports club.Phil Franchino([email protected])has requested that I post a short critique on this site regarding the days event.And Mr. Scott Grayson,President of the NY/CT chapter, has graciously posted the event and taken time from his busy schedule to assist me in its organization gathering names of interested VCA members wishing to go.I made a "dry run" back in September to visit with Richard W. Muller,the President and founder of this most unique and exciting country club.I first met Richard at another car club event weekend some 10 years ago and he outlined his plans for this club.He was,at that time,having problems getting the land and the government approvals but that is now behind him.He has obtained 360 acres and all approvals and as the Alpine site has shown you,this club will be a one of a kind styled after the road course in Luxembourg.

The drive there is a simple but exciting run of about 85 miles out route 80 west and over the Delaware Water Gap to Route 33 south in Stroudsburg.We will then go 6.9 miles on Rt. 33 to the WIND GAP exit.After getting off onto the Wilkes-Barre Turnpike we will go 1/2 mile to Mountain Road which is a beautiful 2 lane road thru the back woods of PA. There the colors of the leaves,the country stream and the old houses form a magnificent backdrop for beautful and fast Vipers which will be traveling along it for only 7 miles.We will cross over 1 or 2 single lane country bridges and arrive at Alpine exhilerated and relaxed (especially for those who wish to get there at the 120 MPH that is customary for Viper owners).
When we meet at the Dunkin Donuts that Phil has set up for our meeting,I will be giving out a color road map,a set of explicit directions,and a color brochure on the Alpine project to insure noone gets lost.I will also be traveling behind to insure nobody has problems.
Richard has prepared a full presentation on the proposed club and he has a A-frame house on site with floorplan,model,and pictures on the walls.He is a low keyed and gracious individual and I am sure everyone will enjoy the day.RICHARD HAS ALSO GRACIOUSLY OFFERED EVERYONE A FREE LUNCH to make the day complete.
For those interested in membership,he has a special pre-construction discounted offer to propose to Viper Club of America members and can take you on an suv tour of the grounds if you wish.
I thought his offering was substantial and gave him the required deposit in September.It would be best to let Richard tell you about it.I am sure for those of you who like to go racing on oval tracks, have a garage to keep your race car in,have a clubhouse to talk racing and a Pro shop to buy racing items at discount while also having a place to bring your families who will have their own ammenities to enjoy,the Alpine Motorsports Club is a country club like no other in the USA.
Above all,we want you to have a fun filled day in what God promises us to be a warm Fall day in the 50's.
I look foreward to the honor of meeting all who wish to attend.
Thankyou.

Very truly yours,
John R. Heywang
[email protected]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

plum
city
the wax doctor
dimtrios ("D" king of H.P.)
SLS
keith
charlie T
charlie T's friend
stangkilr in his "slow car"
aaron
ken in his nobile

***and from PA***
2 Vipers
1 GT
1 other make
lauri
lauri's friend in the vette
Drmcar

anyone else ? ? ?

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Hey plum- I mentioned that I was interested in the other thread, but am not sure if I was signed up. Please add me on. Thanks a lot.

-Kurt

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For those of us not coming from NY/NJ do we need any other directions other than on the Alpine web site to reach the Dunkin Donut? Thanks Garth (Coming from DE)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can head up a meeting spot on the NJ Turnpike. Many will be coming from the city so this might work as well as for southern guys.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kurt, you are on the list and more than welcome to join us.

anyone coming from pa or delaware it might be easier to meet us at the alpine cc. but are certainly welcome to meet us at the dunkin donuts. I can get you directions if needed just pm me.

plum
city
the wax doctor
SLS
keith
charlie T
charlie T's friend
aaron
ken in his nobile

***and from PA***
2 Vipers
1 GT
1 other make
lauri
Drmcar
Kurt

anyone else ? ? ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

keith, if ya need direction how to end up at the DD, let me know. just PM me and i can send ya some. its easy. right off of rt 46 or rt80 in totowa.

this list is getting bigger, its gonna be a fun run.

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My best shot is up NE PA turnpike and then rt 22 to 145, I believe. If DD is near there, let me know. Otherwise I will meet you at Alpine. Thanks [email protected]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

way off...meet us at the alpine CC. ya might be able to meet up with some other PA guys cruising up. check with lauri, i think he lives in that area.

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Great, thanks a lot plum. I've never had the chance to be with so many Vipers at once. I can't wait! See you then.

-Kurt

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bo, not as of yet but I can meet you at the sloatsburg/mahwah reststop (sunoco & mcd's) then ya can cruise down to the DD with me. I'm only 20 minw from there. let me know

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is dis da place? Darn...

OK, is this better?

2402dunkin.jpg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

nope, next road west of there is riverview drive. then it is there but we can meet here if ya want. im easy

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

comng from rt3west, merge onto rt46west,go about 5-6miles look for an applebees restaurant on the right, the exit (riverview drive) is right after it. end of exit ramp look to immediate right and you should see the DD.

the address is::: Dunkin' Donuts at 410 MINNISINK RD, TOTOWA, NJ 07512, USA 973-890-4405

if you guys wanna find another spot to meet, im game. there is a diner off one of the exits on rt 80west out in rockaway thats just as easy to find. or i can meet you guys at the home depot parking lot which is 1/4 mile west of this exit on rt46 west.

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Any meeting places close to 17 NJ I'm going

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, Plum...I changed it. Looks like rte 80 west to exit 55A, south to Furler St., then right on Furler to DD.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

easy enough for me.

pedro, right down rt17 to rt3 west and then onto rt46w. it shouldn't be too bad for ya. and i might meet a guy up on the thruway in ny state and then i can come down rt17 and pick you up. lets see what happens in the next few days.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the list so far:::

plum
city
the wax doctor
SLS
keith
charlie T
charlie T's friend
aaron
ken in his nobile
pedro
AviP the tool man
BoKnows

***and from PA***
2 Vipers
1 GT
1 other make
lauri
Drmcar
Kurt

anyone else ? ? ?

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sounds good to me.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

keith, if ya need direction how to end up at the DD, let me know. just PM me and i can send ya some. its easy. right off of rt 46 or rt80 in totowa.

this list is getting bigger, its gonna be a fun run.

I would be going north to go south wouldn't I? I am in Central New Jersey near Edison. What is the route?

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would you mind if a new Viper owner came along, I am still in break-in so I don't go that fast :D
Also, I'm off of 78 E/W not to far from the PA border, if anyone wants to meet up. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

fastmd, ABSOLUTELY we want ya to join us. you're pretty close to the place as it is. ya might just wanna meet us there. or if ya really wanna drive, come out east on rt80 and meet us somewwhere. maybe aaron (BlueGTS) can meet you somewhere along the way.

the list so far:::

plum
city
the wax doctor
SLS
keith
charlie T
charlie T's friend
aaron
ken in his nobile