Ferrari copies Viper!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the latest issue of AutoWeek they have pictures of the latest Ferrari GG50 by Giugiaro.
Its side vent looks like it was taken right off the SRT/10. Also Chrysler 300 like grill. (and Mazda RX8 rear).
Should have pictures on www.autoweek.com

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure Ferrari didn't have anything to do with this prototype since they use Pinifarina only and have since the '70's. The only thing that I like about this car is the front end which is almost an exact copy of the Rossa Concept.

I do agree that the side vent looks like a smaller version of the SRT/10. The rest of the car is just hideous.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this car will never make production. It's only a concept and or built for one designer. Pininfarina is the designer for Ferrari's and has been for quite some time. Its interesting but GM has been greatly influenced by Italian designs for many years. It appears that the times have changed with this one-off. The rear end looks like a Corvette on steroids....

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side vents do resemble an SRT 10 but if this Ferrari ever sees production it would never sell due to extreme ugliness and it's lack of any Ferrari design cue. The tailights look like they are from a Lexus.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Production Ferrari/Pinifarina cars are the most copied cars ever.

Now this "concept" design by Giugiaro lacks what Ferrari looks for in "fresh" designs. It should NEVER see production and should have NEVER had the Ferrari name on it imo.

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's one ugly car. I can see influences from (in this order) Rx8, 350Z, and then a dab of Ferrari, and then someone slapped it with an ugly stick. I don't see any Viper in that at all ==though autoweek says it has Viper-like side vents== I see very little comparison in form or execution. The side vents are mere slits on the Ferrari. Nor do I see any S2000 or Corvette.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 1992 456...

A 200* something SRT/10

Now who is copying who? :confused:

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's one ugly car. I can see influences from (in this order) Rx8, 350Z, and then a dab of Ferrari, and then someone slapped it with an ugly stick. I don't see any Viper in that at all ==though autoweek says it has Viper-like side vents== I see very little comparison in form or execution. The side vents are mere slits on the Ferrari. Nor do I see any S2000 or Corvette.

You forgot to mention the Chevy Cobalt tail lights.

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really is ONE UGLY car (Ferrari GG50) and I don't care what anyone else thinks it doesn't look anything like my 2005 SRT 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it did I would sell it!!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 1992 456...

A 200* something SRT/10

Are you blind? There are NO similarities there. Yes, they both have side vents, but they both also have wheels. :rolleyes:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 1992 456...

A 200* something SRT/10

Are you blind? There are NO similarities there. Yes, they both have side vents, but they both also have wheels. :rolleyes:

I was referring to the side vent design and not the entire car. I hope you were just being sarcastic.

It's so close in form it's pathetic and to say Ferrari copied Viper with the above new concept is laughable. I would be safe to say that 50%+ of new and fresh designs come from Ferrari and end up on other cars in one form or another.

But who am I...I know nothing about Ferrari or it's history. :p

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grille on the Ferrari concept reminds me of the 250 Testa Rossa. Otherwise, the whole thing is LAME.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235