Two new issues in one day.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 SRT-10 has been generally trouble free the past two years. Even the passenger side window fixed itself (used to snag the top)

Coming home from the Blind Horse Saloon last Saturday night, the temp had dropped into the 50's and I turned the heat on for the first time since....

No heat. I clicked it up, and up, nothing. Then I turned the knob to high, full heat. No function on the lower three positions, works fine on high. I pushed the compressor button and it only lights up on high. I also noticed the ABS light on that evening. Cold weather? Blown fuse? Bad reostat?

All the fuses look normal, and I couldn't see that there was a separate fuse for the low blower speeds. ABS light is now off. I'll take it to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you - but this HAS to be a first - the cabin temp of a Gen III being <font color="blue">TOO COLD!</font>

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you had any adjustments made to your chip. Reprogramming has been known to inadvertently affect when the AC/heat blower will come on.

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No changes since the headlight 'reflash' years ago. No VEC2.

I have found that I can warm the cabin just by driving aggressively!

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check the resistor for the blower motor. When I worked at the dealership this was common on some of the other vehicles. It is usually a quick fix, but I have not tried to change one on a Viper before.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now you know why I will not let DC reflash my lights. I heard there were a lot of problems after the reflashing.

:confused:

I had no issues and I would bet the one above is not directly associated. So where are the "a lot of problems after reflashing" people??? If it just rumor leave it as a rumor. If it is fact give the facts, not just a scare tactic.

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to have it done twice (the headlights still flickered after the first try) no problems since, and more SOTP power!