Potential Newbie

Package

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First post so be gentle, please. Former Z06 owner and I am going to look at a 2005 Copperhead Saturday morning. Any adivce on pricing before my trip ? So far I am finding low 70'sK to be the bottom line if a dealer has a few units on the floor that they are trying to sell. Is this a fair/good price ?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Mopar cat back street system in terms of noise levels and performance ? I am also talking to the dealer about getting this cat back system along with the Mopar/Hurst short throw shifter and Mopar high flow intake/green filters. I want to start off with a bang ! Thanks for any help and or advice...

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Package welcome. The low 70s sound good, the sticker on the cooperhead is 3k more than normal. I have the corsa exhaust and the random tech cats and it sounds awesome, from what I have read its a similar sound to the mopar but the mopar has more drone. The filters and shifter are good too. Getting right into the mods NICE.

OP
OP
P

Package

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I may wait on the exhaust until I can hear a few Vipers with different exhausts. My experience with Vipers is limited to driving them at a skip Barber driving school. My co-pilot would kill me if I made the car to loud. The intake and shifter mod are a must up front for me. I am just a weekend warrior that can do a little on my own but anything mid to major I need to have done.

I learned some valuable lessons on my former Z that I hope I can carry over if I can score a Viper this weekend. Thanks again.....

OP
OP
P

Package

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the dealer today. The deal is as follows: $80,000 out the door for the 2005 Copperhead, number 171 of 300. Thoughts ?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton has a '05 used copperhead with Motons, Paxton, etc. Check out the VCA classifieds under the '05s. Price is very near the $80K from my understanding.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Pemberton has a '05 used copperhead with Motons, Paxton, etc. Check out the VCA classifieds under the '05s. Price is very near the $80K from my understanding.

I saw that car the day before yesterday when I picked up my coupe. I was told the car was sold. It was beautiful.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I saw that car the day before yesterday when I picked up my coupe. I was told the car was sold. It was beautiful.

It is sold. The beast will be delivered on Halloween. The best part is Bill P. leaving a message talking like Dracula. "Good Evening Blah! Your car will be delivered on Halloween Blah." I could not stop laughing. Bill is so easy to deal with and his pricing is great. You will get your best deal on a copperhead from Woodhouse. Give him a call.

Keith

OP
OP
P

Package

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think I will call Bill on Monday from work. What can it hurt except maybe a better deal. I thought $80,000 out the door was a very good deal but who knows ?????

OP
OP
P

Package

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One quick follow up question. I am a little concerned about the height of the Viper's front end when it would come into my drive way. We have to go up/over the sidewalk first then up the drive way. The side walk has a type of "crown" to it. I lowered my old 2003 Z on the stock bolts and I never scraped as long as I came in slow and angled the car.

I saw a "chin" protector listed on one of the vendors web sites. It looked like it bolted to the radiator support underneath the front and three "prongs" came up under the front bumper. Is this for Gen 1 & 2 Vipers only or will it fit the Gen 3 as well ? Thanks...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I didn't see it for the SRT, Roe Racing offers some nifty "chin protectors" that attach with 3M adhesive strips. Basically these things take the "hit" so that your paint doesn't. Perhaps you could modify a set of the RT/10 guards with scissors in order to protect the SRT-10, although these may have a bend in the front that the SRT does not:

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=68

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
although these may have a bend in the front that the SRT does not:

FYI---I bought these for my GTS, and I don't remember them having any bend. They were pretty flexible and I believe they would work on the SRT just fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62