I must be doing something wrong w/ Gtech Pro

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a Gtech Pro RR and tried it out for the first time today. My only mods are corsa track, K&N & VEC-2. The temp here is a little cool in NY. With several attempts I obtained 0-60 in 3.7, 3.92 & 4.2, however all with alot of wheel spin in 1st gear. These times cannot be true?? What is the weight I should program in the unit? I cannot seem to find the correct weight is it 3420 for an SRT-10??. Also, how accurate is the Gtech supposed to be? Help??

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to use an older Gtech pro and the only time you used the weight of the car was to figure horsepower. the 1/4 mile, 0 to 60, G forces for braking and cornering all use an accelerometer and a accurate clock. Mine always seemed to be accurate. I think they claim accuracy to .1 sec.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used a time slip from the 1/8th mile track and one of those 0-60 calculators to get a figure of 0-60 in 3.73 seconds on stock tires in my GTS. It might be rather close.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, weight does not matter. The newer G techs have a setting for "roll-out." It shoudl be set to zero for 0-60 times, and to about 12 inches for 1/4 mile info.That 12 inchesw can add a tenth or 2.

OP
OP
D

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant figure out how to set the roll out to 0. When I obtained the 4.2 sec time, I must have spun half of 1st gear. However, thanks for your responces

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weight is only required if you want to measure HP. My SRT-10 weighs 3460 lbs will full fuel.

What do you think is wrong with your times?

OP
OP
D

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just seems like with the amount of wheel spin that I encountered, 3.7 & 3.92 seem to be to fast. Also, R&T C&D cant even get the coupe below 4 sec, with professional drivers

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain. G Tech offers several versions. Which one are you saying is a joke, or are you saying all of them are a joke?

If the latter then I completely disagree and I have been using the Competition Pro version for 3 years.The data acquisition modes are very helpful in evaluating performance improvements (drag racing mode) and the track mode helps identify areas where you can improve during road race venues (track mode). These units have a 3 axis accelerometers and provide data for fore/aft and lateral G's for upload to your computer for later analysis. If this does not describe the one you have then you have a "cheapee version" and you get what you pay for.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the GTech Pro SS model. Retail is $199 for it. I happen to like it a lot. The shift lights are worth close to $200 just by theirselves. I dont get to use it a lot, but I feel it was def worth the $200 for all the features it has.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please explain. G Tech offers several versions. Which one are you saying is a joke, or are you saying all of them are a joke?

If the latter then I completely disagree and I have been using the Competition Pro version for 3 years.The data acquisition modes are very helpful in evaluating performance improvements (drag racing mode) and the track mode helps identify areas where you can improve during road race venues (track mode). These units have a 3 axis accelerometers and provide data for fore/aft and lateral G's for upload to your computer for later analysis. If this does not describe the one you have then you have a "cheapee version" and you get what you pay for.

Which model do you have? I might be interested