ACR 00.5 coilovers w/hypercoil springs and car handles like a$$ thoughts?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spent all this time getting my Stock GTS suspension upgraded and adjusted, and afterwards the car handles TERRIBLY, I was at Rockingham today doing their road course, and the car was twitching and VERY unsettled, the car seemded to float all over the place and seemed very loose and sloppy

Any thoughts? Too stiff? Its a harsh track with lots of bumpy transitions, but the car seemed to handle much better stock! And even on the highway and around town the car is very squirrely and sloppy feeling. This is just since the suspension upgrades. Could the setup be THAT bad? I doubt it.
And yes I just had to aligned too

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you got the Koni Rattlers, and they were sworn to be the best ACR shocks of the run. Check on here, for the ideal set up, and give that a shot. There are some very specific settings that people recommend, and seem to be quite good. Stiffer shocks are a little more twitchy, but you should have seen a noticable difference in the GOOD direction, not bad.

Yeah, I think its Bad Karma too, werent you supposed to buy a PCM from me?

Jon

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: ACR 00.5 coilovers w/hypercoil springs and car handles like a$$ though

Well, the good news, i got my suspension dialed in, one of my top hats was binding and i dialed back the dampening and rebound 2 notches each front and back, made a WORLD of difference!!!

Chuck check your PM......sorry I have been out of town for work more than I've been home(yup wife was real happy about the track weekend too! hehehe)
Bad news........Jon your still a punk! you waited a whole day before selling it out from under me, but im past that! :p

Hows Chi-town treating you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950