Turn Signal Will Not Auto Cancel

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '99 roadster and I swapped out the steering wheel for a Momo. Now the turn signals wont turn off after I have completed a turn. The only thing I can figure is that the clockspring(which I removed compelety) was part of this function. Is there a way to fix the turn signals w/o the clockspring? Should I replace the clockspring, although I don't think the new wheel will fit with it in there? Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has to have the little tab that cancels the t.sigs. Is that part on the clockspring?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you answered alot of your own questions Larry.

<< I have a '99 roadster and I swapped out the steering wheel for a Momo. Now the turn signals wont turn off after I have completed a turn. The only thing I can figure is that the clockspring(which I removed compelety) was part of this function. >>

Yes

<< Is there a way to fix the turn signals w/o the clockspring? >>

doubt it.

Should I replace the clockspring, although I don't think the new wheel will fit with it in there? >>

yes if you want it to work stock, and probably not.

i would call customer service to be sure though, and see if they have anything (adapter kit for example), that will make it all work the way you are wanting - here is the number: (949)380-7556

OP
OP
L

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Hey carguy07, I was wondering if you did either the turn signal fix or the horn fix. If so I would love to see your finished product since you are so close. I'm in the Falls all the time. Let me know if you would be willing to show your car off. Thanks.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I have not done this. I just remembered seeing the post and thinking whenever I get a Gen II I want my old Gen I steering wheel. Would love to go cruising sometime. I'll send you a PM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235